Chapter Six: She's The Pope.

Sorry it's so short guyss :) I still updated.
If you still have TBBATTB wait a few minutes for an announcement!!!

Chapter Six: "She's The Pope."

I CLOSED MY BEDROOM door and walked down the hallway, hanging up the phone and putting it in my pocket. I almost ran over to the couch, jumping over it and landing safely on the cushion. I turned on the TV, glancing at my mom who was writing down on paper on the dining table. "Como 'ta la cosa?" I asked.

She looked up, pushing her thin glasses off of her face and sighing. "Fine just paperwork."

I nodded, muting Disney Channel's Jessie and walking over to sit in front of her. I gave her a smile even as she continued to write down on the papers. I could hear the clock ticking and I tapped my foot against the floor, hoping to get her attention.

Usually most people would give the puppy dog face but for me that never works. Nothing really works but it only took about two minutes before she dropped her pen and looked at me. "What do you want?"

I looked around the room innocently. "Who said I wanted anything?" even if I wanted anything small she would have said no. There is no getting through to this woman.

"Sydney." She warned and I sighed.

My hands reached into my other pocket where I played around with the card. "Okay so here's the big deal. You know how I made the elite team and everything?" She nodded and I continued. "Well at the auditions this kind of famous person came. She's a fashion designer, Elizabeth Cahill."

My mom's eyes lit up in recognition and I almost held in a breath. Maybe she'll say yes to this. "Really?"

"Yeah two of her sons attend the school. Anyway she wanted a dancer for her son's wedding and to give a few choice lessons to her other son Phillip for his recital in December. Clearly seeing as I am talking to you about it, I have been considered to be that choice dancer." I almost whispered that last part out, sliding the card over to her as smoothly as I can with a tight smile.

My mother stared at me for a second before her eyes narrowed to the card. She took it and studied it for a couple of seconds before looking over it at me. "I don't know..."

"But come on," I had already started to protest. "I mean apparently she's going to pay more per lesson than I could make at the store in a week and it's a good opportunity to see what I can teach. I've been dancing for almost fifteen years of my life I know what I am doing even with more to learn. Like I said it's a good opportunity." I repeated. It's not a good opportunity, you just want to see Lucas. I almost slapped myself.

My mom took a good look at my pleading face. Let's face it I honestly didn't want to work at a pizza store again. She sighed. "I'll call the number and tell you what I'll say after."

My eyes widened and I smiled so wide I was sure my mouth was stretching. "Thank you."

I got off the chair and jumped onto the couch with a huge smile on my face as my mom brought out her phone typing into it. She took the phone to her ear and started talking but I muted her out as I focused on what Ravi was saying on the show.

I turned my body around so my feet were hung over the back of the couch and everything was upside, the blood draining to my head as I texted Michelle. 

After a couple of moments my mom had dropped the phone and stood over me. I turned myself around to face her, quickly putting my phone in my pocket. "So...?"

She sighed. "We will be going to the Cahill house on Thursday since that is when you're practice is the shortest."

I let out a breath and nodded. "Okay."