Chapter Forty-Five: My Innocent Eyes.

Dedicated to @jordundundun-02 for the cover at the top! Thanks love💞

Happy holidays everyone

s/o to abathon67 for telling me about the tidbit some dancers go through which will be mentioned in this chapter💓

Chapter Forty-Five: "My Innocent Eyes."

I WAS SITTING against a wall beside of a room. I could feel my heart pounding in my chest at this moment. The zoo in my stomach was raging as I thought about al the possibly outcomes that could happen if I step inside that room.

I think everyone in my life has established that at first I am an extremely awkward person. Like full out stuttering, can't look you in the eye, awkward. I would let my friends do the talking at first then when I warm up to a person I slowly become that sassy Sydney Lucas occasionally calls me. But that side of me would not be showing in front of the people I would be seeing in a couple of minutes.

And now seeing as I have made I've been called back through out today, I knew this would be the hardest part.

The interview process.

I rubbed my clammy hands together, not even having the urge to type on my phone with the thought of messing up, stuttering or just flat out saying the wrong thing. What if I blurt out the most random thing in the world? What if I freeze? What if I stumble over my words? What if I-

Breathe.

I took a deep breath and exhaled, my mouth forming an 'o' to control my thoughts and my mind.

Breathe, I repeated.

I did it again, inhaling and then exhaling.

I brought my knees up to my chest, hugging them towards me as some people passed by. I only had a few minutes to calm myself down but I knew it wasn't enough time.

Why didn't I prepare myself more for this? I buried my face in my hands, internally screaming at myself. The interview part of the auditions slipped my mind. I was so focused on dance, I forgot that one of the key factors about being in this school is if you had the personality they look for.

They won't be looking for shy, barely speaks legitimate sentences Sydney that will face them. They probably expected confident, passionate, articulate with her words Sydney that only shows up once every full moon.

So basically, I'm convincing myself even further that I am totally going to tank this audition. Great job, Sydney. Way to give yourself the best pep talk of 2015.

"Are you okay?" a voice asked me. I looked up quickly to see a boy probably a year or two younger than Phillip take a seat next to me, a Rubix cube in his hands. His brown eyes were filled with interest, probably wondering what this random teenager was doing freaking out.

"Uh-yeah, yeah I'm okay." I answered, wiping my hands on my tights.

"You don't look it," He pointed out. "Actually, you look like you're sick. Like you're getting a cold or something."

"I'm okay." I assured the random kid.

"I'm Frankie." He stuck his hand out and I shook it.

"I'm Sydney."

"Cool name. Like the city in Australia."

"Yeah. And your name...like Franklin the Turtle." I pointed out, my mind immediately going to the thought of Lucas. God, I wish he was right beside me so he could possibly help me through this.