Chapter Thirty-Eight: Are You Weird?

Dedicated to  @kath2354 for the cover at the top thank you💚

This chapter ending didn't come out the way i wanted it but here's an update : )

Chapter Thirty Eight: "Are You Weird?"

"WHOA." ZEN MUMBLED on one side of me.

Everyone in the group, which was basically my group of friends groaned at the same time as we entered the hotel, feeling a little tired from the free time we had gotten on our trip.

"Zen you've said whoa at least one thousand times today. Stop saying it." Eduardo muttered, leaning his head on Mary Anne's shoulder.

"I'm sorry. Everything here is just so much more..." He trailed off, glancing up at the lights as we all waited for the elevator to take us all to the floors our school was occupying. We arrived in New York City yesterday and when they said this city never sleeps, they meant it.

That also meant they since the city never sleeps, Zen never stops saying 'whoa'.

"More what?" Kim asked.

"More...real. Makes me want to move here one day." He murmured just when the elevator came.

"I think I took too many pictures." Mary Anne mumbled, looking through her phone and her camera.

"You took pictures of every single building we saw yesterday and today."

"They were all Instagram worthy." Mary Anne used as an excuse.

"What about the random people you took pictures of?"

"Tumblr worthy and I asked permission." Mary Anne brushed Eduardo off as Sarah slumped against the wall of the elevator just as the door closed.

Sarah nudged me. "Where's your Turtle?"

I looked down at my phone for the time. "Probably in his room with Devin."

"How come they didn't come with us?" Mary Anne asked curiously.

"Devin wanted to go to this small show with some other people part of the music industry. They said that they got tickets or something like that and went with a teacher."

Just then Kim swatted Zen on the arm. "I told you that show was today."

"I'm not a fucking informer. How was I supposed to know?" Zen defended himself.

"There's another one everyone's going to on Thursday. Relax." Sarah mumbled, looking down at her phone as her finger tapped furiously on the screen.

"Okay who are you texting now? That Luke guy?" Eduardo asked.

"Nope." Mary Anne, Kim and I all said at the same time.

"Then who is it?" Zen asked, confused.

"Cody."

"Broadway guy?" Sarah nodded, not paying attention to us talking about her. "Are you guys together?"

"Not together," Mary Anne corrected. "Talking. A new form of telling people in our generation that they are not allowed to talk to anyone else of the opposite sex like they talk to you. As if you're together but not actually together."

"Wait why did you spend all day talking to him through text when you could actually physically talk to him?" Zen asked, making a face. "He's here."

The doors of the elevator opened as Sarah explained, and we all moved out. "We have a text only relationship you can say. Makes things easier."

"That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard." Zen muttered, walking ahead to the room where Kim, Sarah, Mary Anne and I were sharing.