Chapter Forty-Four: Hormones In A Frenzy.

Dedicated to perkypillows for the cover at the top! I love it, thanks so much💗

Chapter Forty-Four: "Hormones In A Frenzy."

"CONGRATS SYDNEY!" JANE exclaimed when she saw me on the other side of the hallway. She broke away from her friends and ran down to meet me at my locker as I quickly shoved things inside, slinging my backpack over my shoulders.

"Thanks...um, have you seen Lucas this morning? I need to talk to him."

"Now?" There was something about the expression on her face that let me know that something was wrong.                                                                

"Yes...I need to talk to him. Like, right this second." I told her.

"Check main art room. He used to be there a lot last year when he came early in the morning."

"Thanks." I told her again and I quickly closed my locker, feeling the tiredness from last night coming into my system. We got home late and I was surprised I had decided to come to school after all of this. But I was unfortunately in grade twelve and I really couldn't afford to miss many classes.

I ran up the stairs, trying to swerve a couple of people as they made their way down. When I reached the art room, I opened the door to find Lucas holding a paint bucket, his hand covered with white paint.

He wasn't wearing his uniform, instead a t-shirt and shorts that already had white paint marks on them. Like he had done something like this many times.

His glasses were on the table beside his backpack and as I got closer I could tell that he hadn't got much sleep. Almost like he hasn't slept at all. "Lucas..."

He dunked his hand in the bucket of paint and threw it at the easel where the canvas was already painted black. It splattered near the corner and I heard Lucas chuckle. "See...I don't have much coordination, Canada girl or else that would've hit right in the center."

"What's wrong?" I asked him, trying to step closer but didn't when he did the same thing again.

"I usually come here you know?" He threw paint at the canvas again almost as if he was throwing all of his anger at the messy painting he was forming. "Whenever Joey and I get into a fight or whenever I get mad in general."

"You come here any time you get mad?"

He shrugged. "Pretty much. I have a key. The janitor lent it to me after I helped him out and gave him something to make his house look a hell lot more colorful. Why not act out your frustrations on something more...healthy, right?"

"Look at me," Lucas threw paint at the painting again and shook his head, finally turning his head to look at me. "After a couple months of knowing you, I'm actually explaining myself because I want to. What a change."

"Yeah." I agreed, getting a little worried. "Why are you mad?"

"Do you know why Timothy didn't like me? I didn't care but I knew the reason."

"What was it?"

"It's not like he was jealous that I'm dating you or anything. At first I thought it was because he liked you."

I almost laughed. "Yeah, that definitely wasn't the reason."

"But you're you and I kept thinking why wouldn't he be at least attracted to you after knowing you for so long. Then he kept asking me so many similar questions involving money I kind of got the hint. That was he was jealous of me because of my family."