Chapter Twenty-Two: Awkward.

Happy May! I haven't heard Beyoncé's album Lemonade and Drake's album on Views yet but I heard it's really good.

Chapter Twenty Two: "Awkward."

I WAS DOUBTING if the guy that had ignored me was Lucas. That if the guy that was with that Jane girl was really Lucas. I mean it could've been Joey. Him and Lucas were identical and maybe Joey would stoop that low to make it seem like Lucas was ignoring me but the thing was I knew Lucas.

I knew his presence well enough, I knew that he never took that silver ring off of his middle finger. I knew that if you looked at the bridge of his nose you would find faint freckles, and when he talked it was slightly different than Joey's. The twins were identical but at the same time they weren't.

But I still hoped that it wasn't Lucas who had been ignoring me.

"Devin."I said, noticing how he was early to class and Lucas wasn't there yet.

He looked in the direction of my voice, stopping the rhythmic tapping on the desk. "Hi Sydney."

"Hey."

"You want to know something right?"

"How could you tell?" I asked, my hand rubbing my arm awkwardly

"I just can," He shifted so that he could lean forward, lacing his long fingers together. "So what's up?"

"Your friend is what's up." I admitted to him.

"Is it the whole Jane thing?"

"How did you-"

"I told you Sydney, I can just tell," He leaned back in his chair. "Jane's been a friend of Lucas' for what? Two years now? She came from America in the tenth grade and their families knew each other. If something is bothering you involving Lucas it's probably because she suddenly came back."

So it really was Lucas that was with the girl.

"Well that's good to know." I muttered.

"I'll have you know Lucas probably doesn't like her like that."

"Probably?"

"Most likely. Sure he tells me things but not everything. There's a certain level of privacy people keep to themselves. I respect that I'm not going to pressure him into telling me something unless it's a good kind of pressure."

"So you don't know how he feels about Jane."

"Nope," Devin told me. "I'm not sure exactly how he feels about her or what he has ever felt towards her. But I know how you feel about him."

"What?"

"I know how you feel about him. It's the way your voice changes when you talk to him in class and the way you laugh at what he's saying which in my honest opinion probably isn't real because let's face it Lucas is not a funny guy. But to me it's all about the tone and your tone around him has certain affection to it. Like... a crush."

"Well if the thing between him and Jane is going on and after him practically ignoring me yesterday is happening then there's a good reason it's called a crush."

"It crushes your heart huh?"

"Kind of." I admitted as people started walking into our classroom and I said bye to him before going to my seat. I watched Lucas walk in, typing away on his phone before saying a couple of words to Devin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Phillip!" I yelled, walking into the ballroom. The kid immediately came after me and wrapped his arms around my waist almost tackling me to the ground.