Chapter Fifty-Four: Biggest Idiot On Earth.

Dedicated to @missblinghi for the cover above! Thank youu💚

Chapter Fifty-Four: "Biggest Idiot On Earth."

"LUCAS, WATCH YOUR-" before he could knock a picture of a seven-year-old me from the wall, I steadied him myself, holding him right.

He flushed in embarrassment. "Sorry."

I gave him a small smile and I put my hand on his arm. "Relax. It's all going to be okay. But you've been here for an hour and you're still... awkward."

Lucas leaned his head against the wall before he slumped all the way down into a sitting position. "How is it that my brother is making a better impression than I am?"

I sat down on the other side, touching my socks with his own. "Because Phillip is nine and is the cutest thing anyone has ever seen."

Lucas stared at me before shrugging. "Makes sense. By the way, your mom has a really good sense of style for this place."

"Why didn't you tell her that?" I asked.

Lucas shifted, looking confused. "I was supposed to?"

I sighed. "Didn't Joey tell you to compliment her before you came here?"

"He barely told me anything! He was too busy texting Hailey."

"They're really talking huh?" I asked.

Lucas looked down, focusing on a part of the floor. "He told you, didn't he?"

"Told me what?" I asked like I didn't know.

"What we fought about weeks ago. He told you the reason."

"The real question here is why you didn't bother telling me?"

Lucas shrugged. "I didn't think I was important."

"You didn't think it was important? You got into a fight over me with Joey and you didn't think it was important?"

"I just found it so stupid that suddenly out of nowhere he finds it in his heart to admit to me of how he feels about you when he acted like he completely disliked you this whole time. It pissed me off."

"Clearly since you got into a fight."

Lucas licked his lips. "But we're okay now. I realized that he told me to get it off his chest."

"What?"

"He felt guilty Sydney. That's what he felt as much as he didn't want to admit it. He did."

"Guilty?"

"He ended up liking you, his brother's girlfriend. That's bound to cause problems so he told me before something could happen. He told me because he figured it was the right thing to do."

"You know as much as a dick Joey has been to me since I first met him," I started off and I could see the smile on Lucas' face at that sentence. "He can be kind of great."

Lucas moved over to sit next to me. "Yeah. He has his good moments. He can be a good guy."

I glanced at Lucas. "Are you trying to convince to date your brother or...?" Lucas gave me a look and I laughed. "I'm kidding. Now can we get up and you can actually go and face my mother right now?"

Lucas got up, giving me a hand. "I kind of feel a bit better though. And whatever she is making smells good."

"See? You love to cook. My mom loves to cook. Make conversation about that."