sing

"Sing to me," Ethan said, his voice groggy and quiet. It was one in the morning and for the past week him and Elizabeth had Skyped.

"I don't know how to," She said, finishing her essay that was due tomorrow. Originally Ethan was supposed to help her with it but all they did was make jokes about nothing.

"You write don't you? Don't you write songs?"

"Well yeah, but I can't sing Ethan, you sing to me,"

"How about you sing to me and then I'll sing to you?" He asked, trying to compromise with the girl.

"Deal." She smiled, straightening her posture. "Let me get my guitar, and my song book,"

"Wow you got it all,"

"Shut the fuck up. My mom signed me up for guitar lessons when I was younger and it's stuck,"

"Hurry up,"

"Okay ready? Here we go,"

(quick authors note: it's young god by halsey so idk if it's copyright??? but no one snitch. and also liz "wrote" this for ethan so let me fast forward to the chorus!!! ps halsey is super talented and i dont own the lyrics thx)

"Do you feel like a young god, you know the two of us are just young gods, And we'll be flying through the streets with the people underneath, and theyre running, running, running, Do you feel like a young god, you know the two of us are just young gods,"

Ethan smiled in awe her voice was so alleviating to him. He didn't know her voice was that well, he didn't even know she could sing at all. He knew she wrote poems and songs but he didn't know she played the guitar.

"Well what do you think?" She asked, her face as red as a tomato. She never sung to anyone or showed anyone her songs except Karen. She felt adrenaline rush through her veins as her breathing slowed down.

"You're fucking amazing." His smile still evident on his face. He didn't know what he felt but he knew it was something like happiness. "Write a song for me, please?"

"That was for you, dipshit." She nervously laughed, not knowing where the sudden confidence came from.

"Oh? Can I hear the rest of it?" He asked, praying she would say yes.

"Maybe later, but I'm working on an old one from a month ago, you can hear that when we meet," She smiled. "Now you sing,"

"Uh, well, I can't sing but I can act and Netflix and chill and a whole bunch of other shit," He chuckled, running a hand through his hair.

Elizabeth loved hearing his laugh, it was music to her ears. She loved when he ran a hand through his soft hair or whenever she felt down he was there for her. She just loved him in many ways than one, she loved many things about him than one.

"Well I got to go before my step dad, Joe flips his shit, love you boo," She whispered, looking into the camera not at Ethan.

"Goodnight princess. I love you too," He replied, waving at her.