carl gallagher

Ethan

I sat on the couch as people who barely knew each other made out and danced. I had to leave because I was sure these two people were about to get it on, on me. I walked into the kitchen to only see a mess. The counters were filled with red plastic cups and the ground was covered with splats of alcohol. I scrunched my nose as I filled a cup with Dr. Pepper considering I couldn't drink incase Elizabeth does.  Speaking of, where is she?

I searched outside on the patio and on the lawn, the living room and the front yard. I slowly lurked upstairs praying I would not find her in a bedroom with another person, by choice or not. I opened each door just a crack to peek in. There were five rooms, these people were rich. The last door was all the way down the hall and I tiptoed. Each creak made me jump a little.

I opened the door and heard a voice. "Hi," It was a high pitched voice and sounded soft.

"Uh, hello?" I creeped in a little more.

"I know you! You're fucking Carl Gallagher, holy fucking shit. Can I touch you?" She smiled and clapped her hands. It was Elizabeth who appeared to be drunk. I smiled feeling relief wash over my body.

"Yeah you can," I said sitting beside her. The bed dipped a little as I relaxed.

"You're real. You know what? You kind of look like my best friend Ethan, you're like twins holy shit," Both of her hands were placed on my cheeks, she took the fat of my cheeks between her thumbs. It hurt quite a lot but I didn't mind. "Ethan's a great guy. Nothing like you, he has the softest skin and the biggest heart,"

I hesitated before responding. Should I make her continue or not? They say a drunk words are sober thoughts. "Tell me more about your friend Ethan,"

"He makes me happy, too happy. I'm scared that if I get attached he will be ripped out of my grip so soon, like my father was. He has hair that so soft and has such a great scent, I love it. I love when his lips touch mine or when I'm laying in bed half awake and I feel his fingers trace my thigh or when he pulls me closer to him. I fucking hate him. I feel like I need him and when he notices how happy I am it terrifies me." She wiped the tears falling down her cheeks as a faint smile showed on her face. She was such a happy drunk and I ruined it.

"I know he loves you, trust me. He loves you with every once of his being and it scares the shit out of me—him I mean him. He'd never leave you by choice." I grinned as I pulled her closer to me and held her in my embrace, my head buried in her neck as her dove scented hair filled my nose. I liked it.

"I should go and find him," She pulled away, opening the distance between us. I nodded as she walked away.

-

I woke up back in Ellie's bed, we were spooning. I must've position us like this considering she was drunk and immediately passed out as soon as her head hit the pillow. I pulled her closer so there was no space between us and closed my eyes once again, feeling much better.

-

sigh my chapters have been lacking //: i'm so sure half
of yall removed this book from your library. the next few chapters will be longer.