EPILOGUE PART ONE

i was looking back and i read the last chapter.

what a fucking dick move y'all. who the fuck ends 50 chapters with a break up text???? a fucking asshole. thats who.

so, today, i was sitting and eating my mcdonalds and thought

wyn, why don't you just write an epilogue and then an epilogue part 2.

and i said,

ok.

just like a famous guy once said

"let there be light."

but mine was better.

In the epilogues Ethan and Elizabeth are 19 and 20. Just so there is no confusion.

oh so i guess in epilogue 1 it is 2018. how scary yall

ELIZABETH AKA ELLIE : 3 YEARS LATER

I silently ate my plate of food, watching everyone around me converse about their upcoming dinner parties, children, and of course, their jobs. My mom dragged me home to join her New years eve dinner, I was supposed to stay home with Danny but of course she invited us both and if you've met Danny you would know that he couldn't say no to a social event.

When I turned nineteen (last month) I had enough money saved from gigs to rent out a room of an apartment. Danny and I decided to try out the whole living like adults thing and it's been quite breezy so far. I chewed on my slice of turkey as the doorbell rang, my job was to welcome the guests but since I was trapped between uncle John and uncle Kevin I was walking free. I flicked a pea over the table and hit Danny square in the face, he scoffed and grabbed a piece of corn and mimicked my actions. This continued for a minute until my mom announced that Kat and Ethan had arrived.

I felt my heart race at the sound of his name, it's been three years since I last saw him in person, why didn't he come to all the other family dinners? I cautiously glanced at him, he looked handsome. Of course I saw pictures of him but Kat was always in them. I couldn't complain, they were a couple for crying out loud! I rolled my eyes at my own stupidity and continued to eat.

I felt a foot kick me and nevertheless it was Danny. I furrowed my eyebrows at him and he pointed to his phone, I tilted my head in confusion before the realization hit me. I pulled my phone out from my jean pocket and unlocked it, three texts from Danny.

Danny: r u ok

Danny: should we leave????

Danny: omg he keeps looking at u even when Kat is talking. issa love

I rolled my eyes once more before glancing at Ethan again but this time he was already looking at me. I bit the inside of my cheek, a nervous habit I've always had. I stared into his eyes, there was no emotion I could read but lord knows his eyes still radiated beauty. I was the first to look away due to the questioning looks we were receiving from my relatives.

"So, Ethan, how have you been?" Joe, my stepdad, asked. I pretended to eat but I was actually listening to their conversation from across the table. Danny was also intrigued, I could tell
by the way his body was hunched over the table, his head tilted so he could hear properly.

"I've been good, how have you been?" His voice sounded so smooth, it reminded me of a knife cutting through warm butter. I shouldn't be feeling this way, it has been three years, I should be over it. That, and because he was dating my cousin.

"We've been great. You've grown since we last saw you, right Liz? Doesn't he look good?" Fuck you Joe. Joe looked at me and smiled, a teasing smile, a smile where he was silently telling me that I should've stayed with Ethan. I hummed a 'mhm', not even looking at Ethan.