EPILOGUE - PART TWO

Ethan and Elizabeth had never been friends. They're story had not begun with the intentions of being friends, there was always something more between the pair. Ethan was intrigued by Elizabeth and Elizabeth desired Ethan. It was inevitable really, their flirting and long talks about nothing had to of lead them into something more. The way his eyes lit up whenever she smiled at him was a dead give away to anyone who came close to them, it didn't matter who that person was, they still acted as if they were the two people who were alive on earth. No matter how many times they would deny their feelings for one another they always ended up falling asleep thinking of one another and waking up thinking of one another.

That was when they were naive teenagers, falling in love so recklessly, acting as if love was the most hardship they would ever endure.

Now, Elizabeth and Ethan were twenty nine and thirty years old. They both succeeded and got what they wanted, Ethan attended college and became a lawyer and Elizabeth sang in smokey jazz clubs the way she wanted to. She stayed out till three in the morning on Saturday nights and reeked of lingering cigarette smoke and quietly hummed the tunes of her songs as she crawled into bed.

Ethan fought for the innocent lives of people who needed his help. He worked on cases and defended his clients on weekdays with his eyebrows furrowed and concentration etched onto his face. He would pull off his pants and shirt and throw the blankets over himself after a long day of work, slightly leaving his left leg out of the covers. He was an adult after all, he wasn't scared of a demon coming to grab his ankle and drag him to his doom. Well, actually, he made Elizabeth also sleep with one of her legs out so they would both die together. She didn't mind though, she thought it was quite hilarious actually.

Ethan and Elizabeth were adults now but their reckless behaviour hadn't stopped one bit. On Elizabeth's twenty first birthday her and Ethan went on a camping trip just out of her town, she rented a lake front cabin for the both of them, when the moon was brought to the sky they were stark naked in the lake. They made a bet to see who would be the first to chicken out, in the end, no one chickened out. Instead, they attempted to drown one another which ended ended up turning into a steamy delight they both enjoyed. (im scared for my family members to read this but if u dont get it they had sex ok. srry mom. im an author. THIS IS ART)

Ethan had asked Elizabeth to be his girlfriend five months after they started talking again. He would sleep at her shared apartment with Danny almost every night and eat dinner with them, they all joked around and knowing Danny he threw in a lot of sex jokes for them.

When Ethan had turned twenty three him and Elizabeth decided to move into their own place, leaving a lonesome Danny paying the full rent behind. It wasn't a very big home, it was a two storey house, a bed room being the second floor and a living room and kitchen on the main floor (two bathrooms included). They spent many lazy days in their bed, listening to her Amy Winehouse and Elvis records. They would invite friends over to watch some movies or to play Monopoly which would always end up in an argument.

Arguments. There were a lot of those between them. There worst argument was when they fought about a co worker Elizabeth had. Ethan accused her of cheating on him, which she would never do to him and he stormed out, not coming back until midnight. He tucked a piece of hair behind her ear and told her that he knew he was overreacting and promised to never doubt her again. Elizabeth would never initiate the fight, but when she did it either ended with teary eyes or wild makeup sex, when it had ended with tears Ethan would sleep on the couch to let her cool off and check up her every so often in the night.

Their love was an innocent love that would only be found in books. Ethan had always told Ellie that she was the type of girl people wrote books about, he told her that he was a lucky dude to have read the book. Never mind read, he wrote books about her that were unpredictable and yet so predictable. They had watched each other grow, she wrote songs about him and he wrote imaginary books about her. She wrote about the way his eyes crinkled when he laughed or how his jaw clenched when he was angered. God, they were so in love that they felt everything. They felt the passion each time they kissed, the fire between them whenever they fought, and the burning desire each time their bodies touched so intimately.