Valerie

Ethan

I gazed out the window as she drove her mothers car on the city street. We were downtown an she decided to take me to a record shop that she loved. I had no choice but to go -- deep down I was actually really excited. I loved when she took me on adventures, we made amazing memories, ones that I would remember forever. I watched as the people walked past us there was so many people with pink, purple, blue hair; hipsters maybe? Either way, they knew how to make it look good. We walked into the record store together and I'm surprised her parents even let us take the car after what happened last night. She walked ahead of me and made a straight beeline for Amy Winehouse. She looked like a child in the candy store, full of life.  She flipped through the row that started with A's and pulled out two records.

"I just needed Frank and Back to Black, here look at them. My mom gave me some extra money if I needed, so, lets look for Elvis!" She said with excitement in her voice. She ran to the other side of the shelf  and smiled. I snickered and followed her like a lost pup. I never knew she liked Elvis or Amy, I guess there's more to her than I thought.

"Since when do you like this type of music?" I asked peeking at her through a free space in the shelf. She stayed silent. "Ellie?"

"Oh, sorry. Well, while my father and mother went through the divorce my mom went on a binge for two weeks and I stayed with my grandmother and father on my dads side. They had a record player as well, and they had millions of artists stocked on the shelf and Elvis was the only one my grandma played everyday, that's when I fell in love with his voice. My grandfather would just admire from his chair parked by the window, he watched as she sang and danced around the house." She grinned at the memory. "He said once I felt what he felt for my grandmother I would be able to buy the records Elvis made without hesitation so here I am,"

"And what do you feel?"

"I feel like I finally met the person who I love unconditionally," She said, now looking into my eyes. "Do you want to meet them?"

"Meet who?"

"My grandparents? They don't live far," I felt the palms of my hands sweat, her grandparents? That's a big step. I bit the inside of my cheek and nodded slowly. She disappeared and came right beside me, only for a short period of time because she took my hand and exited the store.

"Don't you have to pay for those?" I asked nervously. We were going to get caught. Second day in a row we were going to be accompanied by a cop, we're like Bonnie and Clyde.

"I have a discount," She said, now we were walking to a house attached to the store. She knocked on the door. I was confused as ever. An old man opened it and smiled. he had very few teeth and he looked about in his late 60's.

"Lizzie! I'm surprised to see you here!" He threw his arms up and she hugged him. "Come in and bring your friend,"

-

"So, Ethan tell us about yourself," Her grandmother, Valerie said.  I smiled and nodded my head. What do I say? I'm an actor and I'm in love with your granddaughter but haven't asked her out yet? That I'm leaving her for another five months and then coming back?

"Well, I act on a show called Shameless. I'm sixteen and Ellie is my  best friend. I plan on going to college when Shameless is done," I paused before her grandfather laughed.

"Friends? Please, boy, I see how you look at my little peach," He teased as he glanced between us. Elizabeth blushed and I did as well. "Elizabeth why don't you help your grandma with the snacks," She nodded and joined Valerie in the kitchen. I gulped. Was he going to pull the overprotective dad and hurt me as he shook my hand. "You like her, huh,"

"I'm in love with the girl," I mumbled out for the first time. I don't think I've ever admitted to another person that I was in love with Elizabeth. I was afraid of what he might respond with. Would he say we were too young? Will he convince Elizabeth to forget about me and what we had?

"I met Valerie when we were twelve and it took me two years to realize what I felt for her. We were fourteen when we went on our first date, people tried to pull us apart because we were too young to be in love, or so they said. We didn't fight against them. We accepted it and  I thought hey maybe if it was true love we would find each other again. I spent three years trying to forget her but I couldn't. I thought she would never come back, because her parents moved somewhere to Pittsburgh. Months later here I am in the record shop looking for Elvis Presley on vinyl, only because all she ever talked about was him. I bumped into some girl around my age and you know who it was?"

"Valerie?" I swallowed, his story was interesting and he pulled me right into it.

"No. It was another girl and we talked because I knew her from freshman year. We decided to go on a date and we went to the diner. We talked and I thought to myself this isn't the one for me but she was such a nice girl. I walked her home and told her that someone else would appreciate her more than I ever could. It was eleven in the evening and I took a walk through the park down the street, that's where I took Valerie on our last date before she had to leave to the states." He took a moment to drink water. "I went to the pond and you know who was there? Valerie. She was sitting on the grass and looking at the water. I sat down beside her and she seemed alarmed for a minute before she realized it was me. We just lied there, looking up at the stars and just enjoying one another's presence. Turned out her parents moved back, thinking we were over each other,"

"And were you?" I interjected, engaged in his story.

"No, we weren't. A couple more month later we got back together. I wanted to tell you this so you know that even though you and Lizzie are so young, there's hope for your love to grow." He smiled as he patted my shoulder. "I know you'll treat her right. If you guys grow out of each other that's fine too, but just never stop chasing love, okay?"

"Okay." I gave a small smile, nodding my head. There is hope for us. I knew it.  (if yall make tfios comments I will rip my tongue out... just kidding, u do u)

-

TWO UPDATES IN ONE DAY HECK YA

I decided to add Amy Winehouse and Elvis because I feel like Can't help falling in love and Love me really represent Elizabeth and Ethan in some way.
I AM SO ATTACHED TO THEM ITS FUCKING INSANE BECAUSE THEYRE FICTION.