Just One Kiss

The day my mom died, was the day I changed forever. It started like a normal day. I woke up, had breakfast, got dressed, that kinda thing.  I had a dance audition to get into Julliard Dance Academy that day also.  I'm only 15, but I got a scholarship after a performance at my school. I was always a dancer, even at the age of 3. I can dance anything, and can out-dance anyone.

My mom and I were waiting in the Julliard lobby with about 50 other dancers. They called us in one at a time. As I watched the other dancers go in, my stomach began to become uneasy. I rarely got nervous.

"Chole Johnson?" A woman in a black pencil skirt and a white blouse with a small black belt over the shirt called my name. I looked at my mom for a few moments before she pushed me to the woman.

The woman held open the door and I slowly walked through it and looked into the auditorium. I would say it's huge, but that would be an understatement. The seats were split into 3 sides, right, middle, and left, and each side went back about 100 or more. And, on top of that, there was a balcony that matched the ground level's seats.

I walked up to the stage and put my bag down. I stood center stage with my head held high and waited for my music to start. After a few moments, pale blue lights shone onto the stage, and I Hope You Danceby Lee Ann Womack began playing from the speakers. Its a long song, and for that 4 minutes and 55 seconds I felt free.

The only thing that stopped me from continuing through the song was a judges voice half way through . "Stop! Stop!"

I spun around and looked at the table of judges, watching their eyes follow every step I took.

"We've seen enough." The same judge said.

"Oh, okay." I said sadly. I walked over and picked up my bag. I had dance my best, and I guess I'll have to train harder to come back when it's actually time for me to go to college. I was still sad though, I had blown my first chance at Julliard.

"You're in." He said with a smile.

"Wait, what? I got in?!" A smile formed on my face almost reaching both my ears. My heart beat quickened and I was bouncing up and down.

"That was the most flawless routine I've ever seen!" A woman exclaimed from the judges table.

I beamed. I ran to the table, picked up the papers they handed me, and ran back to my mom. I threw open the door and yelled "I GOT IN!" While I ran to my mom, I felt all the girls eyes on me, probably filled with envy. I had watched tons of girls walk out of this room in tears, so I would be jealous too.

"Let's go. We're celebrating!" My mom shrieked. She dragged me to our car. I swung open my car door and got it. I clicked my seat belt and turned on the radio. I song I didn't know started playing.

My mom clicked her seatbelt and we were off. We drove for about two blocks before she turned and asked me, "So, where do you want to go?"

Suddenly, a small brown dog ran across the street. "MOM! WATCH OUT!" Well, she did. She spun out of control, until the car was on it's side. The car landed on my mom's side. I couldn't believe this was happening. I was screaming as loud as could.

I heard my car door open, but I couldn't take my eyes off my mom. Her head was turned facing away from me, her auburn hair knotted and messy all around her head. I finally turned to my car door when I felt a hand pulling me out of the car.

----------------------------------

thanks for readingg♥(:

super, super, super thats to my best friend everr! (who got me to this site in the first place and made the book cover) SilentDream♥  ily!

next chapter coming soon...promise♥

xoxoMe♥