Chapter 8

This may stay one book, but I think I'm going to make another Just One Kiss book after this. As a series.  Thank you all for reading!♥  There will be more chapters! I'm not gonna end this till its right(:

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Luke!" I exclaimed as I gave him a hug.

"Hey there." He said with a smile. He hugged me back and after a few moments let go. "How ya been? How'd stuff at you're friend's house go?"

"Good." I said with a small smile. "I found out I'm a True Alpha." He gave me a confused look so I explained. "A couple hundred years ago, the first wolf was made, I guess, by some freak chemical and had these insane super powers. He called himself a True Alpha, and made a pack. He fell in love with a girl he changed, and they had a kid. That kid had a kid, and that kid had a kid, yeah. And so on. Turns out, my dad was a True Alpha too, and he got killed for it. Which, makes me a True Alpha too, cause his powers got passed down to me!" I said with a huge smile.

"You're the True Alpha?!" He asked.

"Mhm." I said, my smile refusing to disappear.

Then you need to run!" He said. I raised my left eye brow and he continued.

"My dad's trying to find you! He thinks it's either you or you're friend."

"Luke!" I exclaimed.

"What?"

"You could have told me that before!"

"I didn't know it was you until now!" He said defensivly.

"Ugh!" I groaned as I fell down to lay on the ground. "JULIAN!" I exclaimed as I shot up. "We need to tell him! This involves him too!"

"How?"

"He could get killed if we don't tell him!"

"Why do you care?"

His question shocked me. I was confused for a few moments. Why did he care? "He's my best friend."

"Chloe, forget him. You need to run." He said.

"Okay fine! Let's run to his house!"

"Chloe-" He started, but I grabbed his hand and started walking. "Okay, just let go and run. I'll meet you there."

"Thank you." I said. I let his hand go, spun around, kissed his cheek, then took off to the East.

I ran past trees and bushes, loving how the cool air felt against my face. I ran into the pond, my sneakers leaking water as I ran out. Soon, a grey house came into view. I pushed myself farther, hoping Luke's dad hadn't gotten there already.

Sierra emerged from the house. She locked the door with a key and walked a few feet towards the South.

"Sierra!" I shouted. Her head turned towards me and she smiled and waved. I ran over to her before asking, "Where's Julian?"

"Who?"

"Alpha!"

"His name's Julian?"

"Sierra! Focus! Where is he? Is he inside?!"

"No, he left a couple minutes ago. He went looking for you....What's going on?"

"Long story short, if I don't find him, we could both die."

"Oh my God." She said with wide eyes.

"Which way did he go?" She didn't respond, she just started at me blankly. "Sierra! Which way did he go?"

She pointed North, expression unchanging. "Thanks." I said over my shoulder when I started jogging.

He must have left more then 'a couple minutes ago'. I could smell him, his peppermint scent mixed with Wolf Smell, but it was very faint. The trail turned right, but the scent continued to go straight. I ran at the super-speed my dad had given me, and followed the scent.

The scent got stronger and stronger as I ran faster. Soon enough, I saw him running infront of me. I pushed alittle bit farther, and tackled him.

"Julian!" I exclaimed.

He rolled me over until I was on my back, under him. He had my arms pinned down on the ground and had his claws out. His eye stared into mine, they flashed blue, and his claws where gone.

"Chloe." He said my name softly.

"Yeah, hey there. We need to leave."

"And go where?"

"Anywhere. We're being hunted. Luke's dad is hunting us right now and we need to run."

"Chloe..." He repeated. He ran his fingers through my hair, leaving on of my arms free.

"Yes, it's me. I just saw you like an hour ago. We need to lea-" And suddenly his lips were on mine. His lips were soft and I couldn't help but melt in his embrace. His hand moved from my hair to the back of my neck. The kiss lasted about a minute or less, I couldn't really tell. It felt like time had slowed and nothing was around us.

He pulled his lips off mine and looked down at me. He didn't say anything, and neither did I.

"What are you doing?" A voice came from the trees.

Julian and I both turned our heads to find Luke staring at us. But most importantly, his dad was right next to him.