Chapter 9

"Luke?" I asked cautiously.

"Before you say anything-" Luke started. But before I or anyone else could stop him, Julian sprang off of me, ran up to Luke, and had his right hand around his throat and was lifting him in the air.

"She trusted you with that information." He spat at Luke.

"I didn't tell him." He struggled to talk from Julian's hand. "My dad followed...me here. He already knew...it was her."

Julian refused to move his hand, non the less loosen it.

"Let my son go." Luke's dad pleaded with Julian.

"No. He betrayed us. Me and Chloe." He spat, eyes still on Luke.

"Julian put him down!" I exclaimed.

"Stay out of this, Chloe." He said, facing me for a moment. Then turned back as Luke's dad took in a sharp breath. "Don't. Move." He said through his teeth.

About a minute passed before anyone moved. Luke's dad's eyes locked on Julian's hand, Luke's eyes locked on me, Julian's locked on Luke, mine locked on the whole scene.

It seemed like forever since anyone moved. But as soon as Luke moved his arm, I wished he hadn't. He moved his arm up, only high enough to where I could see his thumb over the top of Julian's head.

Julian released Luke's neck, making him drop to the ground. He landed on his butt, then quickly regained his stance. Julian make a lunge towards Luke, but Luke dodged him. Luke spun around and punched Julian from the back, hard for a human. I doubt it did any serious damage, but Julian seemed only a little harmed.

Julian turned to face Luke with fists curled at his sides. I saw the claws come out of his fingers. He ran towards Luke and punched him right in the stomach. Luke flew backwards and landed against a tree.

"Julian!" I exclaimed. I got up and jogged towards Luke.

"Chloe, get back." Julian said through his teeth.

"He's just a human, Julian! You could have killed him!"

"He's fine." Julian scoffed.

"Fine?" I asked. "You are aware that I have Trua Alpha strength, and if I hit you as hard as you hit him, it'll hurt like hell."

He took a few steps back, and I went back to Luke. I picked up his head and rested it on my lap after I sat down. He had a cut on the side of his head, and blood was running down his face.

The burn in my throat appeared again and my brain focased itself on the blood. The color, the scent, the way it flowed down his face.

I turned to Julian and said, "Make the burn stop. Please."

"You have to bite him." He said, his eyes fixed on Luke's dad. I gasped loudly, and he continued. "Bite him, or kill him. You're call."

"I'm not...I'm not going to take away him human life, Julian. That's like taking away his soul!"

"If you won't I will." He turned to face me. His eyes were full of rage and anger. "He knows to much." He started walking towards where we were sitting, but I shot up and ran into him.

I put my hand on his chest and said, "You aren't going to touch him." I pushed him back a couple steps and said, "Stay here."

I walked back over to Luke and tried to wake him up. After a few name called and face smacks (light face smacks), he woke up and called my name.

"What happened?" He asked.

"Julian threw you into a tree." I said, trying not to laugh.

Luke sat up and stared at Julian for a couple moments, then said, "Dude, you already have the advantage. No need to hurl people at trees."

He does have the power and strength advantage.....

"And there was no need to get you dad to come here, kill me, get me out of the picture, so you could comfort a heart-broken Chloe and have her fall for you."

"Excuse me?!"

All eyes were suddenly on me. Even Luke's dad's.

"You...wouldn't do that right?" I asked Luke.

"Oh course not." He said, putting a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

"Chloe he's lying." Julian's voice came from behind Luke.

"Shut up Julian!" Luke shouted as he turned to face Julian.

"Read his thoughts. He's lying." Julian said again.

"How can you be so sure?" I asked.

"Just do it." He said.

I focused hard on Luke, his green eyes watching me. He looked scared at first, but after a few minutes he didn't show it. I felt my claws come out and my ears perk up, and watched as Luke's eyes moved to stare at my claws.

I found my way into Luke's though brain. "Maybe If I...He'll disappear...she'll be so sad...and fall in love with me." I heard from his head. I was only able to get parts of it (probably another chemical from his dad), but I could put the pieces together.

"Oh my God." I said as I lowered my head and looked at my feet.

"What?" Luke and Julian both asked at the same time.

"You did." I said. I snapped my head up and grabbed Luke's shirt. "You told your dad Julian was the True Alpha, so he would kill him, all so you could have me?! What? You couldn't have just asked me out like a normal person?"

"I told you he was lying." Julian said.

"What about you, huh?" Luke said walking over to Julian, pulling my hands off of his shirt. "You're the one who lied to her about who she was. Why you wouldn't let her into that wolf house of yours." He said.

"Chloe?" Luke's dad asked me.

"Mhm?"

"Who's it gonna be?" He asked, and I felt all eyes on me again.

--------------------------------

well guys, who's it gonna be?  I have stories for whichever boy you choose....but choose soon!

you have 4 days from...NOW! :)

hope you liked it, and I hope you keep reading.  Oh, and I hope you vote too. Like, seriously,  I don't know who to choose.....♥

xoxo,Nikole1199