Chapter11

I woke up in Julian's house...I think. I didn't recognize the smell of the room, and my eyes were to heavy to open. So I left them closed.

I heard someone sigh to the right of me. I jumped, started by the sound.

"Chloe?" Luke said. I turned my face to him, and opened my eyes a little bit, just enough to see him.

"Luke?" I whispered, my throat feeling insanely dry.

"Hey." He said. He reached for my hand, but I pulled mine away.

"You shot me." I whispered again.

"No, I didn't." He lied.

I turned to my arm. The arrow was gone. All that was left was a scar, and a little light purple bruise around it. "Where'd it go?" I asked him.

"I'm going to get Julian..." His voice trailed. He got up, kissed my forehead, and walked out the door.

I did get shot...right? I remember getting shot! But how could it not be there anymore? Julian said that if it was taken out, it'd kill me. I remember Julian carried me here! Why would he lie straight to my face?

Julian came from the door. "Chloe!" He ran to the bed I was on. "Are you okay? Does your arm hurt?" His eyes were full of concern.

I heard footsteps from the hall, sat up, and looked. Luke stepped up, and leaned against the door. I wanted to talk to Julian, and just Julian. At least for the moment.

"Can you get him to leave?" I whispered to Julian.

"Hey man, give us a sec?" Julian asked, not as harshly as he would have before I got shot. Odd, you would think he'd hate Luke even more considering he shot me...

Luke nodded, and left. "What's wrong?"

"I did get shot right? You carried me here, didn't you? He shot me with an arrow. I remember! Then you carried me and I blacked out!"

"Yes, that's all true." He said, a little bit confused.

"Then why did he tell me he didn't? And where did the arrow go?"

"The arrow was taken out of your arm, and thank God you're alive. I mean, I knew you would be after I took care of you, but you never can be sure. As for Luke's lying," He looked away from me and said, "He loves you Chloe. He never wanted to hurt you."

"Hey, look at me. It's okay." I said. "I just didn't want you to get hurt."

"Really?" He looked back at me.

"Yeah." I said, still laying in the same position I woke up in. My neck started to hurt, so I layed on my side.

"Hey, don't move." He said, starting to push me back.

"I'm fine. I got shot on my other arm, remember?" I joked.

He laughed for a few moments, a forced laugh. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"It's just, you've been out for days-"

"Days?! How many days?!"

"About four."

"Four?!" I shrieked. "I'm sorry, you were saying something..."

"Right. It's just, you've been out for days. All I could think about was, it should have been me who was shot. You wouldn't be hurt, you wouldn't have almost died. And you wouldn't have to choose between anyone." He said, no longer facing me.

"You wish it was you who got shot? Julian, no. It was me who got shot. And I don't wish anyone else did. If it were you, I wouldn't know how to heal you, or bring you back, or whatever you did to me. Don't say you wish it was you who almost died." I layed back down and stared at the ceiling. "Please don't."

"Chloe." He sighed. He ran his hands through my hair.

"Can you go get him? Please?"

"Sure." He patted my hand and left the room.

I sat up, and sharp pain came from my arm, and my waist. "Ow." I said to myself, clutching my side. I leaned back against the bed post and closed my eyes again.

"Chloe?" Luke said. "Are you asleep?"

"No." I said. I lifted my head and opened my eyes.

He walked up to me and sat down at the side of the bed.

"You lied to me." I said. "I did get shot." I turned my head to him. "And you shot me. I've been out for four days. Because you shot me."

"Right. And I am so-"

"I'm not mad that you shot me. Well, I am, but I'm more mad that you lied to me about it."

He just stared at me. Unmoving, not talking either. I layed back down and stared at the ceiling.

"When you were still asleep, Julian and I would take turns watching over you, making sure one of us would be here when you woke up. When ever Julian was in here, you'd face him. Same with me. But when we were both here waiting for you, you didn't look at just one of us. You looked at the ceiling."

"What does that mean?" I asked.

"It means, we both love you. And, this is a bad time I know, but we both still need an answer.

"Do you not remember the reason why you shot me?! I ran away, because I didn't have an answer!" I shouted. I smelled Julian from the hall, but I continued anyway. "You were ready to kill Julian, because I didn't have an answer. Seeing a pattern?! I. Don't. Have. Your. Answer." I practically spat at him.

He got up and made his way to the door. "I'm sorry." He said. "For everything." He passed Julian and turned around, giving me one last look.

"Luke, wait." I shouted at him.

He slowly started walking back to me.

"Come here." I said. I already kissed Julian, so I was almost sure about how I felt about him. Now Luke? If I kissed him just once, I could figure out which one I actually loved.

He walked towards me, sitting back down by the bed. I pulled his head closer to see him better.

"Luke-" I started, but his lips were on mine before I could say anything.

"Chloe, no!" Julian shouted. He ripped Luke away from me, never taking his eyes off of me.

"Julian!" I shouted.

"Chloe! You can't kiss anyone! You're a True Alpha. Your wolf genes get added to the DNA of whoever it was you kissed! You basically just changed him."

I looked down at Luke. He was on the floor, grabbing his side. "Luke?" He let out a gasp of pain, but no other sounds.

"His mortal body's dying. Just like your's did." Julian explained.

"Luke," I said. I got up and walked over to him. I knelt down by him and placed my hand on his shoulder. "I'm so sorry."

His body started twitching, and he took in a sharp breathe. Then, he stopped moving. He layed there, motionless.

"Luke!" I exclaimed. "Julian, what happened?!"

"He's not dead, Chloe. His body went into shock, so he passed out." He picked up Luke and set him on the bed. "Just let him rest. We'll explain everything when he wakes up."

I nodded at him, and watched Julian leave the room. I sat in the window, and waited for him to wake.