Chapter 10

They both stood in front of me, waiting for an answer. But I didn't have one. I loved them both, but in different ways.

Why did falling in love have to be so easy, yet so difficult? I looked into both their eyes. Julians' almost black, and Luke's pure green. What happened next blew my mind. As I looked at each of them, Julian rose his right eye brow, and Luke rose his left.....at the same time.

"Well?" Luke's dad asked.

"I need air." I said before turning around, making an excuse not having to answer their question.

"Chloe? We're in a forest." I heard Julian's sarcastic voice form behind me.

I rolled my eyes at him, not turning around. I started walking, quickly, away from them. I heard some one's footsteps beginning to follow me, so I broke out into True Alpha sprint. No one could catch up, and I doubt anyone would even try. So I turned around after a half mile of running. I found the clearing, and layed down behind a bush, listening to their conversation.

"We have to find her somehow!" Luke's voice came from the clearing.

"With her speed she'll be in the next state in ten minutes!" Julian shouted. "If you want to look for her go ahead." He said, back to him normal volume. "I'm going to sit here and wait."

I heard him sit on the ground; felt the vibration from the ground. A few moments later, Luke sat with him. "Dad, you can go." Luke said to his father. His dad grumbled, but left the clearing.

"So.." Luke said, making the silence more awkward.

"When did you love her?" Julian asked in a rush.

"Excuse me?" Luke sounded surprised.

"When did you love her?" He repeated, enunciating every word.

"I don't know. I think it was the first day I met her. When she found me under the bush." He chuckled at himself. A few moments passed before he asked, "What about you?"

I heard Julian sigh. "I'm not fully sure, actually. I think I figured it out when I was drunk a few days ago, when she came to my house and made me sleep. But I convinced myself that it was just my 'drunk brain' talking....But when she tacked me after you told her about your dad....I don't know. Something clicked." I could hear the smile in his voice.

"That's when you kissed her." Luke said, voice filled with envy and disgust.

I assumed Julian nodded, because no one said a word for a few moments.

"So, then, why'd you throw me into a tree?"

"You brought your dad! I didn't want him to hurt Chloe." He said defensively.

"And that gives you the right to throw me at a tree?"

"No, but think about the situation in reverse. If you had the strength to protect her from some one who was trying to kill her, would you have done the same thing?"

"But I mean dude, hear me out. You kissed her, then tried to kill me. What's up with that?!"

"Look, if you're looking for 'I'm sorrry', too bad. I love Chloe. I know you do too. But, hey, no one said we had to fight fair."

"You're right." Luke said as he stood up, "No one said we had to fight fair." I heard his hand scrap across his jeans, and assumed he pulled something out. I peeked from over the bush, just a little bit, and saw I was right. He had pulled out a bow and arrow.

Silver arrow.

"Silver kills us... " I remembered Julian saying.

"Now that's just a little bit too unfair." Julian said, sounding scared.

"Oh don't worry. When Chloe comes back, she won't even miss you." I ducked back down and listened again.

"Yes she will. She loves me, too. Besides, if you kill me, she'll hate you for it."

"No, she won't. I'll tell her my dad shot you."

"Okay, I'm sorry for throwing you at the tree." Julian said as Luke pulled the bow back.

"I'm not an expert on this, but I'm sure it won't hurt for long."

I don't know what came over me, but Julian didn't deserve to die over me. I jumped from behind the bush and ran in front of Julian. I pushed him out of the way, at the same time Luke let release the arrow.

I managed to push Julian out of the way without the arrow hitting him. I, however, wasn't that lucky. The arrow hit my left arm. Something about the silver flew my back. It felt as though I was lifted up and thrown. I landed on the ground, and the arrow sank deeper in my skin.

I hadn't felt the arrow until I hit the ground. Sharp shooting pain was sent from the arrow. The painful fire started again, but it didn't travel at all. It stayed in the same place. The fact that it didn't travel though, felt like it made it worse.

"Chloe!" Luke yelled.

"Chloe!" Julian whispered as he pulled me up to his lap.

I took in a sharp breathe, feeling the fire burn hotter. I watched as Luke reached for the arrow, only for his hand to be swatted away by Julian.

"You need to leave it in!" He said to Luke.

"Didn't you say that wolves were allergic to silver?! It'll end up killing her if we leave it in!"

"It'll kill her as soon as you pull it out if you do." Julian spat at him.

I turned to look at my arm. The area around where it was hit was purple. Not like bruise purple, but a deep, dark purple.

"We need to get her to my house." Julian said. "I think I can heal her there." He started to pick me up to carry me, but Luke stopped him.

"I think we should take her to the hospital." He said.

"They would pull the arrow out and kill her. Do you want that?" Luke shook his head. "Neither do I." He picked me up and carried me towards his house.

"Hold on, Chloe." Julian's voice was the last thing I heard before I blacked out.

-----------------------------

SO SO SO SORRYYYY i didnt update sooner... my computer crashed, had to get the bestbuy peoples to fix itttt... :/

ITS ALL BETTER NOW THOUGH! :D

thanks for reading♥

xoxoNikole1199