Chapter 4

"Alpha?" I asked him.

"Meaning 'leader', or 'the one in charge'. Or my personal favorite, 'do as I say or I'll kick your ass'."

"No duh. I know what the word means, I just didn't know you were in charge."

"What's wrong with me being in charge?"

I shook my head and wondered to the east. I felt the trees as I passed them, seeing if they felt any different. Well, they didn't. They felt hard...and I slit my finger on a piece of bark sticking out. I drop of blood formed out of the cut. And as soon as the blood-drop formed, the cut healed, and disappeared.

"Whoa." I whispered to myself, full of awe.

"Wolf thing." Alpha said to me, which I could only hear because of my new ears. It would take me a while to get used to that, but right now it was still pretty sweet. I smiled at myself and my new "powers" and turned back at him.

"Huh?"

"The healing. It's a wolf thing." He took a couple steps closer before continuing. "We heal pretty fast. But it's the pain, it's the pain that keeps us human. "

"Keeps us human?"

"You ask alot of questions." Alpha said with a smirk and ended with a chuckle. "Let's say, you changed, and got hit by a car. The pain from being hit by the car would change you back into a human." He explained to me.

I let the words he just said sink in for a while. It's the pain that keeps us human.

"So, if I get shot, I'll change back into a human...then die?"

He chuckled then said, "Pretty much."

"But wouldn't the hunter or whoever see that we can change back and forth?"

"Then don't get shot." He said bluntly.

"Well..." I said under my breath, then wondered into the forest. I started walking East of the clearing we were still in. I heared Alpha's footsteps walking behind me, towards me. I quickened my pace to a slow jog, then got faster as I heard his steps get closer.

Before I knew it, I was in full sprint. My new "powers" allowed me to go so fast, trees were a blur as I ran past them. My feet were barely leaving footprints, and I felt like I was floating off the ground.

I soon ran right into a pond. Or a lake, whichever you prefer to call it. My Converse shoe was now soaked, and filled with muddy water. I watched the fish that were once around my shoe, swim away as fast as they could.

I felt a gust of wind and snapped my head up to find Alpha standing on the other side of the pond.

"You run fast for a newbie."

"Newbie? Really?" I asked, and he nodded.

He walked up to me and began circling me. "You have insane leg muscle." He said.

"Um...thanks?"

"I'm not being creepy, but that would explain why you can run so fast." He said, still circling.

"Well, I was a dancer...."

"Hmm..." was all he replied with. Well, okay then. I thought to myself.

The sun was starting to set. Instead of yellow/orange light surrounding us, a pink glow engulfed the pond. "Well, I should get back to my house." He said as he turned and began to walk away.

"Wait!" I called after him. He stopped and turned back to face me. "Where do I sleep?"

"Just change to a wolf and sleep in the grass." He said as if it were the most obvious thing ever.

"The ground?!" I shrieked.

"Yeah. Unless you wanna sleep in the pond." He winked at me and walked away to the North.

Note to self. Kick his ass.

________________________________

Sorry! That took a couple days to type....sorry♥

Its kinda short, but eh, whatcha gonna do? (My sister says "Write more." :P )

Next chapter coming soon♥Sooner then this did. Promise!

xoxoxoNikole1199♥