Chapter 18

"Sierra, shut up. This doesn't involve you." Alek said to her.

"I'm serious Alek." She said, starting to walk over to him. "We're werewolves. All of us. That's why she can't kiss you."

"Yeah, sure. Now, go back to bed."

"Alek! I'm serious!" She shouted.

"You want me to believe that everyone in this room is a werewolf?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Well besides you." Julian pointed out.

"You see? This is why I didn't want to tell him." Sierra said to me.

"Well, at least he didn't freak out." I searched for a bright side.

"Wait," Alek turned to me. "You're serious aren't you?"

"As serious as I can be." I said.

"Prove it." Alek said. He turned to look at each of us, waiting for someone to do something. "You see? You can't. Now, Sierra, go back upstairs so we can finish this." He started to push her shoulder towards the stairs, but she flashed her claws at him. "AH!" He screamed and shrunk back. Behind me, actually.

"See? I told you he'd freak." She said.

"Can you...all do....that?" He asked. When we nodded he started to back away from me.

"Alek, don't. I'm still me." I said.

"I know. But....just....give me a minute." He said. He walked up the stairs and into the bathroom. I'm not sure if that's where he ment to go, but that's where he ended up.

We stood in silence. Sierra was looking down at her feet and Julian was looking at the door.

"Sierra, I'm sorry."

She sniffled. "No, I'm fine. I needed to tell him anyway." Her cheeks had tear trails down them, but she quickly wiped them away.

The door opened from upstairs. Alek came running out. He didn't stop to talk to any of us, not even Sierra.

"Alek!" I yelled as he walked out the door he broke. "Alek wait!" I used my True Alpha speed to catch up with him.

"Jesus Chloe!" He jumped.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"I just...I just can't okay?" He said, refusing to look at me. "I'm sorry."

"You're just giving up?" I couldn't believe this.

"I'm sorry." What a bullshit line that was. I watched as he ran out of the forest, probably never to come back.

I slowly walked back into the house. I listened to the crunch of the leaves from beneath my feet. I made it to the door, and stepped in.

"What happened?" Sierra asked.

"He's gone." I said, not looking at her.

"Gone?" Julian repeated.

I ran upstairs before anyone could say anything more. I ran into my room ,turned off the lights, locked the door, and went to tried to sleep.

After what felt like an hour, I finally crashed. But, my sleep time was short-lived, because of a loud banging coming from my window. I walked over, head still dizzy from sleep, and pushed over the curtains.

It wasn't entirely dark anymore. It was dark, but there was a little light coming from the East. Alek was standing on the ground, with a karaoke machine and a speaker.

I raised my left eyebrow, and he hit the power button. Big Time Rush's Boyfriend started blasting from the speakers.

Only, he was singing the words.