Chapter 15

Sierra and I ran upstairs and grabbed our coats. She grabbed a leather jacket almost matching Alek's, and threw over to me a jean jacket that stopped at my belly. "This yours?" I asked her.

She nodded and slipped on her coat. She straightened out the bottom and watied for me. I threw my hands through the sleeves and straightened the ends of the sleeves.

"Okay. Now wait." She fluffed my hair a little and moved my bangs to the side of my face.

"Um, what are you doing?" I asked, slightly uncomfertable.

"Fixing you!" She exclaimed. She dashed downstairs and came back up. "Okay, he's gone."

"Who?"

"Alek!" She said, smacking me in the arm.

"Why do you care? And what was that for?! And what was with my hair?"

"Well I had to fix it before he saw you like that!"

"Why would it matter?! It's not like he cares." I said, slightly pouting.

"Oh, please. My brother's not blind. Or numb. He'll figure it out."

"Figure what out?" I asked her. A raised eyebrow was all I got in responce. Before anything else could be said, I ran downstairs. Was I really that transparent? I mean, if she could tell.....could he?

We walked downstairs and Sierra pulled back my arm before I reached the door. She slipped a lip gloss in my hand.

"Seriously?" I groaned.

"Yes! Now but it on! And remember, you may be a True Alpha, but if you hurt him, I'll kill you." She said. I couldn't tell if she was kidding, not, or half-kidding, but I decided not to ask. After all, he was her family. And family was a big thing to her.

I swiped the pink shiney gloss over my lips and threw the bottle against the far wall. It was a quiet crash, but Sierra whipped her head to look at me.

"Why'd you do that?!"

"Muscle spasm?"

She groaned and opened the door. Alek stood a few feet away with his back towards us. "You know you could get an amazing view from the upstairs." He said.

"Yeah, we know." Sierra said. She dragged Alek's arm into the forest. She linked her arm in mine and we made our way out of the forest.

It felt wierd. I've been in the forest for almost 2 and a half years, and never left. I could barely remember the city. All I could really remember was the Julliard lobby and theater. This would be totally new to me, techanclly speaking.

The last row of trees came into view and I stopped. Alek and Sierra kept walking for a few feet, but turned to face me.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Uh, yeah." I lied. I was a little scared to cross the trees, but when Alek held out his hand I gladly took it. He lightly pulled me onto the sidewalk. The sun hit me hard, and it felt great. It was so warm and nice, unlike the sun in the forest which was mixed with the shade of the trees.

We walked down the sidewalk for a while, Alek still holding my hand. I was smiling, watching the people walk by staring us down. I don't know why, but it didn't seem to bother me.

We ended up in front of an arcade. Sierra pulled open the door and stormed inside. I, however, was hesitant to enter.

He walked in front of me and released my hand. "What's wrong?"

"Promise you won't laugh?"

"Promise." He said.

"I've never been in an arcade..." Okay, it wasn't a total lie. The last time I was in an arcade I was, I think, 6.