Chapter 12

"Julian?"

"He's not dead, Chloe." He said emotionless. I'd asked him the same question over and over for days.

"But it's been two days!" I complained. "He's been out for two whole days!"

"Not two whole days..." He joked.

I turned away from the window to look at him. "I'm serious, Julian."

"So am I." He moved postition postition to lean on the doorway. "Chloe, you haven't gotten up from that window since. You haven't eaten in two days. Get up! Go outside! Do something!"

"I can't. If I move or leave, he'll wake up. And I wanna be here when he does."

We sat in silence then. I didn't know what else to say, so I looked out of the window again. For two days all I've done was listen to Julian's heartbeat, and watch the sun go up, and down.

"How long until he wakes up?" I asked, the question suddenly popped into my head.

"I don't know. Since you didn't actually bite him, the genes didn't go into a main vein. In other words, it'll take longer for the genes to fix with his DNA."

"Is he going to be part True Alpha? Since I was the one who bit him?"

"Guess we'll find out."

"Ugh." I complained. I'm not a very patient person.

I walked over to Luke's bed and sat beside him, running my fingers through his hair. "I'm so so so sorry, Luke."

"Chloe?" Luke whispered softly.

"Luke!" I got up and ran to the other side of the bed where he was facing. "Oh my God. Julian, what do we do. Luke, you're awake!"

"Jeez, Chloe. Let the man breathe." Julian said, pulling me back. He walked up to Luke carring a water bottle and a blanket.

"Luke, I'm so so sorry." I said, leaning against the wall as Julian handed him the water bottle.

"Chloe?" He opened his eyes and looked at me. "What am I? I mean, I don't feel any different."

"I'm not sure..."

"Is there any pain anywhere?" Julian asked.

"My head hurts, I'm all dizzy, and my hand hurt like crazy." I could understand why his hands hurt, because of the claws. But I didn't get the head hurting.

"You're hands hurt because of the claws." Julian explained.

"Claws?" Luke asked. Julian quickly flashed his, and quickly retracted them. Luke didn't seem shocked, or surprised. Or even scared.

"Chloe kissed you, giving you parts of her wolf genes." Julian started to explain more.

"But she kissed you and you're totally fine."

"That's cause I'm already a wolf!" Julian said. "Anyway, it will take longer for the genes to mix with you, because they weren't forced into a main blood stream."

"Then, can't you just bite me? Or can she? Or, what'll happened if neither of you do anything? Will the genes go away?"

"Well, this has only happened once. But it was a long time ago. The woman was left alone to die in the woods, the man to ashamed to do anything. The woman suffered for 7 days, and left the woods a human. So, if you want to be a human after this. You can be. Or, if you want, you can chose to be like Chloe and me. Your choice."

We sat in silence then; no one knowing what to say. No one was even moving.

"So, I could be human, or a wolf?" Luke raised his eye brows. "Can't I be both? Like, be a human with some wolf side effects?"

Julian scoffed. "I'm serious, dude. Can I?" Luke said.

"No, you can't. Sorry man, but you have to pick one."

"Seriously?" He groaned.

Silence fell upon us again. Julian got up and walked back to the doorway to lean on it. I walked back to the window and sat. Luke sat up on the bed, looking back and forth between us.

"If I pick wolf," Luke started, "Chloe will be the one to bite me, right?" He finished looking at me.

Both of their head were turned to face me. I looked away from the window and straight at Luke.

"What?" I asked shocked.

"If I chose wolf, will you be the one to do it?"

"Do you have any idea how much that hurts? You'll never be human again Luke!" I said. I got up and walked to Luke's bed. "I don't think I can."

"Look Chloe, you're going to live forever right? That's a wolf thing, right?"

"It is?!" I snapped my head at Julian.

"Yes, it is." Julian confirmed.

Sweet.

"Chloe, if you're going to live forever, I want to be there with you. Wheter you pick me, or not."

"Luke, I don't know if I can do that."

"Please Chloe?"

"Maybe Julian should...."

"No Chloe. I don't want Julian to. I want you to."

I turned to Julian and said, "I don't know how."

He laughed. "All you do is bite, Chloe. Not a big deal."

"But-"

"Chloe, you're the True Alpha. It is your job, and yours alone, to make a whole new pack of 25 wolves. I can't help you with that." He said. He turned to face Luke and said, "Just think of Luke as...the first you admit into your pack."

I back over to Luke and stared into his pure green eyes. "Are you sure, Luke? This isn't something that you can just undo if you don't like it."

"I'm sure." He scooted closer and waited more me to bite.

I sat there, scared and confused. Julian must have caught it because he said, "Just bite his neck Chloe!"

"I can't." I said. I shrunk back and fell against the back wall.

"Maybe this will help.." Julian said. He walked up to Luke with his claws extended. He reached for Lukes face, and cut his left cheek. Blood flowed from the cut.

"What are you doing?!" He exclaimed.

"Just watch." Julian whispered.

My brain focased itself on the blood. At first, a few drops came out of the cut. But Julian must have cut deep, because soon his blood flowed in small streams down his face. The smell of the blood filled my nose, and I couldn't take it anymore.

I charged at Luke, making a lunge for his neck. I felt my claws extend and my fangs come out. I tilted his head and bit his neck.

"Okay Chloe, that's enough." Julian said after a few moments.

Luke's blood flowed down my throat, coating it. He didn't taste like the rabbit did, but like steak. And it tasted good.

"Chloe stop! You're going to kill him!" Julian ripped me off of Luke.

I watched as Luke fell back onto the bed, motionless.

"Oh my God."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hmm... im not sure how long that was since my last update...but if it was too long... SORRY!♥

thanks for reading(:

love yaa

xoxoNikole1199