Chapter 13

I sat downstairs on the couch listening to Luke's screams coming from upstairs. Okay, technically I wasn't sitting; I was pacing. Julian was upstairs trying to explain to Luke, and I was told to stay downstairs.

"It'll make things easier for him." Whatever.

Well, at least he's alive. Too bad he couldn't scream alittle quieter.

Chris came out of the kitchen, carrying a bag of Doritos and a pepsi bottle. He froze and jumped when he saw me. I laughed at him, and he walked up to me.

"What's with all the screaming?" He asked.

"Um...I bit a friend of mine."

"You...bit....him?" Chris said, as if trying to understand the sentence. I nodded.

"Wow. Didn't know ya had it in ya!" He said, giving me a little shove. What?!

"Wait, you're glad I bit him?!" I asked, completely shocked. I just ended Luke's human life, and this guy was standing here telling me "Good Job."

"Well yeah, later we'll throw a party for him." I raised my right eye brow. "You know, kinda like a birthday thing." He finished.

"Seriously?! I just ended Luke's life! And you want to through a party?!" I shrieked.

"Um....no?" He covered, clearly confused.

"Chloe, chill." Sierra's voice came from behind me laughing.

"How?" I groaned. "Listen to him! And I caused that!" I said, full of guilt.

"Listen, every Alpha has to. They have to make a pack. Don't beat yourself up." She said, sitting down beside me. "Besides, if it makes you feel any better, only throw a half-party for the screamer upstairs." She tried to make it sound better.

"A half-party?" Chris asked. "How does that work?"

"Well, we can throw a party for Chloe's friend, and for my brother. Okay, well, step-brother. He's coming to visit."

"When?" Chris asked.

"About noon."

I looked down at my watch, then realized I wasn't wearing one. It must have fallen off somewhere in the forest when I got shot. I glanced around for one, and finally found a digital one sitting on a table in the back corner.

"Um, Sierra? It's 11:30."

"Crap!" She yelled. She jumped up from the couch and ran upstairs. She came back down in about five seconds. She was suddenly dressed in dark jeans, and a black halter top.

"Good?" She asked as she twirled.

"Mhm." I answered.

"Hey guys, do you hear that?" Chris asked?

"What?" Sierra and I both answered.

"Someone's coming." He whispered.

"Chris, we're not spies. We're not in trouble for anything, you don't have to whisper." I said.

"Okay, that's my step-brother. Oh, Chloe, everyone else know this but, uh, he doesn't know about werewolves. Do me a favor and keep it a secret?" She asked while walking to the door.

"Are you insane?!" I ran past her and blocked the door, right as he knocked on the door. I could hear his heartbeat from the other side.

"What?" She whispered.

"You-" I started, but she pulled me back, away from the door. She pulled me all the way to the other side of the house.

"Okay, go."

"You haven't told him?! Are you insane!? You don't think he'll notice your not getting older?! Or that you live with a bunch of other people?! Or in the middle of a forest?!"

"I know, I just don't want to freak him out. Please don't tell him?"

"Fine. But when he finds out, don't blame me."

"Oh, I will." She joked. I walked with her to the door, and she opened.

On the other side of the door was her step-brother. He was about 6'2", had brown shaggy hair that fell right above his eyebrows, and deep, Sapphire blue eyes.

"Hi." He said.

I couldn't speak. I don't know what came over me, but I couldn't. I was just focused on him. His hair had natural barely-noticeable highlights, and his leather jacket looks amazing on him.

I must have been staring at him for a while, because Sierra nudged me with her shoulder. "Um, hi. I'm Chloe." I said, feeling a slight blush creeping across my cheeks.

"I'm Alek." He stuck out his hand and I shook it. The moments both of us touched, a chill went down my spine. Not a bad one, but this one felt okay. Good almost.

Images and visions suddenly filled my head. Him of a little boy with some girl who looked alot like the younger me. We were running by some pond behind a cabin. Then, an image of the girl layed dead. The little boy Alek cried over the girl.

More visions of the little boy and girl played in my head. I counted 12. The visions were, in a way, all the same. They played tag, in a swing set, in a sandbox, in a lake, sometimes played hide-and-seek. But every time the little girl died, and the boy cried for her.

A vision of Alek of how me looks now filled my head. He was sitting under a tree, listening to his iPod, alone. An emotion suddenly filled me, loneliness. With a hint of sadness.

He was lonely.

"Did you feel that,too? Or was it just me?" He asked, chuckling.

"No, I did too." I said, still slightly confused on what had happened.

"Well, do you want to come in?" Sierra said after a few moments of awkward silence.

"Love to." He said.