Chapter 3

The only words I could use to describe the pain, is fire. Fire, so hot it burned me from the inside. My muscles hurt, along with my back and feet. I could hear the muscles in my arms tearing, and the bones in my legs popping.

"What...what did you...do to....me?!" I said between cries of pain. I closed my eyes and waited for the pain to pass.

The man who bit me started talking. I was so focused on the pain, I wasn't able to hear what he was saying, though. The fire moved from my neck and continued flowing into my arms and stomach, where it hurt the most. I kicked my legs like a a child in a temper-tantrum.

"MAKE IT STOP!" I screamed at the man.

He was saying something to me, but I couldn't focus. The fire reached my hands, which I raised so I could see them. They looked perfectly normal, but on the inside they burned like hell. My fingernails began to grow. And I mean grow. They went from half an inch, to about 2. I had claws!

"cla...claws?!" I shrieked.

"Yes, claws." I managed to hear the man say. He continued to speak. I figured I should at least try to listen. I tried to focus on what he was saying when he started, but I only managed to hear the middle of his sentence.

"....big baby. It's not that bad. Considering you'll have to do this whenever you go hunting or when you're being hunted, you might want to get used to it. It will only last for a couple more seconds, the pain goes from the neck, to the arms, to the..."

The fire moved, and I lost focus of him. It had spread from my stomach, to my legs. I heard the joints in my knees popping. I kicked them again, and the fire spread to my feet.

"Shit." I managed to mumble. I didn't grow claws on my toes like I did on my fingers, but they still hurt.

The man who bit me walked up in front of me, and waited for me to do something. He was just staring at me. Suddenly, as quickly as it had started, the fire vanished. I blinked once, twice, and three times.

Everything was clearer and sharper. I could see miles away if I focus hard enough, could hear things I should'nt be able to hear, and I could smell everything. I saw a deer about half a mile away. It was just chillin', eating grass with its little baby doe.

A small burning began in my throat. I tried swallowing, but it didn't help. In fact, it made it worse. I could smell a couple hikers walking down a hiking trail somewhere west of where I was. The burning grew stronger, but was nothing close to the burning I had just experienced after he bit me.

"What did you do to me?" I asked him slowly.

He rolled his eyes. "You're a werewolf now."

"A...a what?!" I shrieked. I could see the hikers a bout a mile west of the man and me. They jumped from my shriek and were looking around searching for the source of the noise.

"Probably just a bird." One said to the other. The other nodded, uncertain at first but then seemed convinced. They went back to their hiking, and I turned my attention back to the man.

"Your claws, will attract attention. Put them away." The man said, no longer looking at me. He was watching the hunters pass by.

"How?" I whisper-hissed at him.

"Just relax." He said as if it were obvious.

"I can't relax with this burning in my throat!"

"Damn it..." he muttered. He ran off, and within seconds, was standing in front of me again. However, he was holding a bunny rabbit.

Correction, a dead bunny rabbit.

"You killed a rabbit?!" I asked in disbelief.

"Eat it. It'll help the burn."

"I'm a vegetarian..."

"Eat. It." He said sternly. Like a father trying to get his 3 year old daughter to go to bed.

He held the rabbit out, wanting me to eat it.

"Can't you like, just pour it in a cup or something?" I asked weakly.

He stuck it out farther, so close to me it was in front of my face. With it this close, I could see the blood coming out of its broken legs. I could smell the blood from inside the rabbit. Usually it smelled like...well, blood. But this time it smelled different. Good even.

The burn in my throat grew stronger, until I couldn't stand it anymore. I snatched the bunny and sank my teeth in its neck. To my surprise, I had fangs, not just teeth. Although, I should have seen that one coming.

The blood tasted like......grass. Although it seemed to quench the burning in my throat. As soon as I was done, I retracted my claws and brought in my fangs. The man buried the bunny a few feet from where we were standing, and I put a flower on top of the "grave".

"So, who are you?" I asked the man.

"You can call me, Alpha."

______________________________

gotta admit, not my best but it'll get better

promise♥

thanks for reading!!

xoxoNikole1199