Chapter 5

Months passed since I last saw Alpha. He had told me to "stay here".

"I'll be back soon." He promised. He even locked the promise, with a pinky-promise! Pretty soon, those months turned into a year. A YEAR! We obviously have different definitions of "soon"... The last time I saw him, though, I learned his real name.

We were playing the question game. You know, like "what's your favorite color?"(Orange). "Where were you born"? (Ohio). Things like that.

"Who was your first kiss?" He had asked me.

"Bryan Belikov." I had told him.

"Oh, please. That's such a made-up name." He teased me.

"Shut up! It is not!" I laughed at him. In the few months I had changed into a wolf, he had become my best friend.

"Okay, sure. Let's say he's real." He winked at me. "Your turn." He said with a small smile.

"Okay, um.......Where do you live?" I asked.

"Oh, gonna creep on me at night now, huh?" He joked. I laughed and stuck my tongue out at him. After he stopped laughing at me he said, "About a mile and a half North of the very spot."

"Am I ever gonna see that place?" I asked.

"Hey, it's my turn." He replied, dodging the question.

"Fine." I said. I, feeling like a 3 year old, turned my head to the West.

"What do your parents do for a living?" He had asked me.

"They're dead." I said bluntly.

"Oh." Was all he said. I felt his eyes on me, so I turned and looked at him. His almost-black eyes staring into my sky blue.

"My dad died when I was like 3, and my mom died the day you saved me from the car crash."

"How do you know she died that day? Maybe she was rushed to the hospital?"

"I went to every hospital. She wasn't there." I said sadly.

"I'm so sorry."

"I'm fine, Alpha." I turned my head back to the West. But not cause I was mad at him. This time I was so he couldn't see the tears that were forming in the corners of my eyes. He rested his hand on my shoulder for a couple moments, then the hand grabbed mine.

I leaned into his chest and listened to his heart beat. It was normal for a while, but it got faster. A few moments later, though, he took a deep breath and the beat went back to normal.

"I'm sorry." He said again.

"I'm fine, Alpha." I repeated. But my voice broke when I said his name. The tears that were forming came down as I thought of my mom. I didn't think about her much, because it made me so sad. But I'd have dreams or nightmares about her. Either way, I'd end up waking up in tears.

"You don't have to call me Alpha." He had told me.

"But that's your name." I said sadly through my tears.

"Actually it's not," He said. He looked down at me. "It's Julian."

"Julian." I repeated.

"Julian."

"Why don't you let people call you by your name?" I wondered out loud.

"'Cause with other people, it's a thing of authority. Plus, I don't trust them enough." He whispered.

"Why do you trust me then?" I had asked.

"You're different."

We sat in silence for a couple minutes, my head still resting on his chest. His heart was still at its normal pace, calming me from crying, his hand still holding mine. Not in a romantic kind-or-way, but more in a I'm-your-best-friend-and-I'm-comforting-you kinda way.