Chapter 6

"Julian here. What do you want?" His word's slurred.

"To talk..." I said cautiously and slowly. The smell of a mix of wet dog and pine trees came flowing from the house. I called that smell "Wolf Smell."

"Well, you can do that when Julian gets back." He said, still slurring and leaning against the door.

"Okay, let's go." I said. Grabbing his hand.

"Where?"

"You are going to bed, and I am going home." I dragged him towards the stairs.

"Well, who do we have here?" A man asked Julian. He looked about 20, blonde hair and ocean blue eyes.

"Back off Chris. She's mine." He said, walking towards Chris.

"Upstairs!" I yelled at Julian. He turned on one foot and began making his climb up. I pushed him up, making the process alittle faster.

We finally made it up the stairs. He began walking away from me, into the room on the far left. I looked out the window and saw the sun rising. I watched it for a few moments, but was interrupted by a crashing noise.

I turned around to find Julian running into a desk, then fell face first onto his bed. I walked over and pulled the covers out from over him.

"No." He said as he swatted them away.

"Julian, you need sleep." I said as I forced them over him. He rolled onto his right side, so he was facing me.

"Chloe." He whispered. I crouched down so we were face to face. "I'm sorry." He said before he fell asleep. I kissed his cheek and made my way downstairs.

I made it half-way down the stairs before Chris showed up again. "Hey there." He slurred.

Ugh, why was everyone so drunk?! "Hi." I said harshly, though he didn't seem to pick up on it.

"Where ya goin?"

"Home." I said, looking over his shoulder. I saw a girl, about 5 and a half feet tall, with brown hair and greenish eyes staring right at me. I could see her eyes very well because of the dull lighting, so I couldn't tell if she was mad at me for talking to Chris.

"You're a wolf right?"

"Yeah. So?"

"This is your home. Alpha gives all wolves refuge here." He said like a game show host.

"But, he didn't invite me here." I said, suddenly very interested in our conversation. Sure, he may be drunk right now, but there's always some truth behind words spoken when drunk.

"Wierd." He said, leaning backwards. He grabbed the banister just in time before he fell down the stairs.

I heard high heels clicking up the stairs. I looked over Chris's should again and found Brown-Haired Girl walking towards us. "Chris." She said sweetly. "Go back down to the bar and leave this girl alone." She finished harshly. Dang. This girl's awesome!

"Chill out, Sierra. This doesn't involve you."

"You're bothering this poor girl. Is he bothering you?" She turned and asked me.

"He's-"

"See?" She turned back to Chris. He walked down the stairs and Sierra and I watched as he made his way to the bar, pushing everyone in his way.

"Oh my God, thank you SO much!" I told her.

She laugh and said, "No problem. He does that all the time. Alpha made me make sure he doesn't do it as often."