Chapter 20

Julian and Luke lead the Way out of the forest followed by Sierra and Chris walking hand in hand. I still couldn't believe the two of them where dating.

"Chloe, wait a sec." Alek said.

"What's wrong? Everyone's already leaving." I said.

"I just wanna make sure," He said. "If there was anything between you and Julian, you'd tell me right?"

I responded to him with a kiss. "There's nothing." I reassured him.

He pulled me into a hug. "You know, I don't wanna go back to the arcade. I want some coffee."

"What's coffee?" I asked him. A slightly opened mouth and raised eyebrows was what I got in response.

"I've been in this forest for like 3 years! I forgot!" I said defensively.

"Well then. We're getting coffee." He said.

I pulled out of the hug and grabbed his hand. We walked to the edge of the forest, and I stopped again. At the edge, where the sun mixes with the shade of the trees. "You stopped again." He said.

"It's just the way the light hits the shade. Like the sun is trying to get through the trees, but the trees are locking out." I said.

"Okay, you must really need some coffee." He took my hand again and lead me into the city. The sun hit me again giving me a wave of heat.

We walked down a couple of blocks, and ended up at a little place with a couple chairs settled up outside.

I looked around and watched the sun slowly make its way up the sky. A woman dressed in jeans and a red short sleeved top blocked my view. Her brown hair was tangled in a bun and she said, "What do you guys want?"

"A nice waitress?" I asked.

"Chloe." He put his hand on my arm.

She scoffed. "No, I mean what kind of drink do you want?" She said slowly, as if I had trouble understanding what she was saying.

"We'll just take two black coffees. Thanks." Alek shoo'ed the girl off. "Chloe!"

"What? She was being rude." I said, crossing my arms and sinking down in my seat.

Alek opened his mouth to say something else, but the woman came back with our drinks. She placed them infront of us without saying a word, then speedwalked back inside. Alek and I exchanged a look, and burst out laughing.

"Way to scare her!" He said.

"All I said was I wanted a different waitress!"

"Oh please I saw you give her the death glare." He said.

I rolled my eyes and reached for my cup. I took a sip, and I felt the liquid scorch my tongue. "Hot!" I exclaimed. "Ew, and bitter." I said, tasting the bitter and sugar-less flavor as it ran down my throat.

He laughed at me and took a sip of his drink. "That's black coffee."

"Ew." I said. "How do you drink this everyday?" I asked him.

"You do what you gotta do." He shrugged. "So," He leaned into the table, elbow resting on top, "what are you parent's like? I mean, do they live in that house to?"

I swallowed and took a deep breathe. "My parents are dead."

"Oh my God Chloe. I'm so sorry. I wouldn't have asked if I'd known."

"No, it's fine. I mean, I'm glad you know. You were gonna find out sometime, why not it be now?" I said, trying to cover the sadness in my voice. "What about you're parents?"

"Well, my mom died when I was 16. So it's just me and my dad. We don't really talk. It's been a little.....difficult since my mom died."

"Like how?" I asked, trying to keep the conversation off my parents.

"He's always working, always bringing clients home for dinners. I feel like he doesn't want to know me. He always blows me off." He looked down and shook his head.

"Alek, I'm sure he want's to know you. He just doesn't know what to say." I watched as he took a huge gulp of his coffee.

"Yeah, I guess." He said, looking off to the sun. "Well, uh, what did you like to do for fun? Ya know, before you got trapped in the woods." He joked at the last part.

"I used to dance." I told him.

"Oh. Cool." He said with a smile. "Do you still?"

I darted my eyes away from his. "No."

"Why not?"

"Because it was always me and my mom's thing. And she's gone. I don't have anyone to dance for anymore."

"You can dance for me." He said with a smile.

-------------------------------------------------------

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllllll? Whatcha think?

I recently got de-throned, which motivated me to write. 

Oh, whoever's actully reading this 1)ILY!  and 2) be sure to check out Better Than Revenge, my latest book. <3

Vote.Comment.Fan♥♥♥

Love you bunches :)

xoxo The de-throned Nikole1199