Chapter 23

[A/N] I love you people for reading this♥ Sorry if the last chapter was 'horror movie-ish' ( :P ), but it just kinda...happened :) It was fun :)

sorry if this is alittle short for some people....but i promise the next chapter will be longer. K? Deal :)

Enjoy ♥

xoxo, Nikole1199

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wait, another pack?" I looked at him. "Meaning?"

"Meaning there's another house of wolves out there who want to kill us for being in there territory."

I felt my eyes go wide. Then I thought about it for a second. "Wait, there's only one True Alpha right?" I looked at Sierra. "Like, in the whole world." I saw some of the fear relieve from her face as she nodded. "Then I could talk to them!" I said a bit to perky.

Alek shook his head. "No. No way. They'll hurt you before you can get two words out."

"Alek, if she doesn't they'll kill all of us." Chris said to Alek.

After a minute or two, he said, "Fine. But you're not going out there alone."

I shook my head and opened my car door. It was then I realized the man was still at the back of the car. I stretched my legs out of the car first, looking in the car door mirror. He didn't move. I stuck my head out, only to find the man missing. I started panicing and jumped out.

Alek got out then, and was by my side. "The man's gone." I whispered and Alek started looking all around.

"Chloe Johnson?" A girl's voice came from the forest. I turned around and found a girl starting at me. She seemed familiar; brown hair with bangs that lead into her hair, bright blue eyes. "You don't remember me do you?" She looked down at her hands. My eyes followed hers, which is when I noticed she had dancer hands. Her fingers were curved back a little and her fingers were spread apart by the smallest space.

"Julianne?" I asked her.

"Oh my God, I haven't seen you since Natural Dance Studio closed!" She yelled. She threw her arms around me for a huge bear hug. We had danced together for about 5 years, and I forgot she was a hugger.

"Hi." I said awkwardly. She's a werewolf now too? Or was she still a human who...knew?

"Are you a wolf too?" She mouthed. I nodded and she squealed.

Sierra and Chris got out of the car. Alek cleared his throat. "Uh, Julianne, this is Sierra, Chris, and my boyfriend Alek."

"Julianna." A stern voice came from the darkness inside the forest. She lowered her head and walked to his side. Moments later, she walked into the moonlight with a man. "Chloe this is Dylan. He's the True Alpha." She whispered the last part.

"No he's not." Chris said. "Chloe is." I turned around and shot him a glare. These seemed like the kinda people you don't want to argue with.

Dylan's eyes never left mine. They were filled with anger and hatred. "Oscar. Jake." He barked. "I think Chloe and I have to talk for a while." His eyes wandered past my shoulder and to Alek. "Alone."

I cleared my throat. "Uh, Julianne. No offence to you or Dylan or your, um, pack. But I think we'll just be going." I started to turn but the two guys Dylan called were suddenly grabbing my arms. "Lemme go!" I tried to shove them off. But they were like rocks.

I looked up at Dylan, who was smirking. Then shot a glare at Julianne. She had her gaze glued to the floor. I felt the man holding on to my left arm jerk my arm towards the forest. I didn't want to go in there. Not without my friends. Not at all actually. If this were a horror movie, this would be the scene right before the girls dies. And I so did not want to be that girl.

"Chloe!" Alek shouted at me. I turned my head to look at him. A couple guys were holding him back. Sierra and Chris were being held to. I looked at the scared look in Chris's eye, the pitiful look in Sierra's, and the look in Alek's eyes made me heart break. I love you He sent a thought to me.

I mouthed, "I love you" back and was dragged into the forest by Oscar and Jake.

**********~~~~~~~~~~~~*******************~~~~~~~~~~~~~~************~~~~~~~~~~

There was a blindfold over my eyes. And it itched. I wanted nothing more than to snatch it off my face, but my hands were tied together. I wasn't able to break out of it so it must have been strong. I grunted as I tried to pull my arms away from on another.

"Don't bother." A voice told me. "It's made with wolfspane." I knew that voice.

"Dylan?" I asked. I heard a chair scrap against the floor making me cringe. I felt his thumb run up my cheek and pull off the blindfold. I was in a hotel room.

"You see Chloe. We have a problem." He put the blindfold on the table. "There's only one True Alpha and, that's me." His eyes narrowed. You couldn't prove it if you tried.

"That thought enough proves it. Considering I heard it." I smirked. I fought back a laugh as his eyes grew wide.

"That's not possible." There's only one in the world at a time. He thought again.

"There's is only one." I said. "And that's me."

"No, it's not." He looked all over my face. "Here, think something to me."

I wish purple polar bears could drink Fanta soda in the sunset. I thought. Not directly to him like I did with Sierra.

He smirked. "To bad purple polar bears don't exist." I felt my eye brows raise as high as they could.

"How can..."

"But there's only one.." The questions continued wrapping around my brain. Was I not the True Alpha? But then why could I read thoughts? Then why was my dad murdered? Was he murdered? What did this mean for Alek? Is he not a wolf? But he already had the wolf strength and speed.

"Who was you're dad?" He asked.

The question kinda shocked me, although I should have expected it. "I don't know. He died when I was three." I looked up at him. "What about yours?"

"I never met mine." He looked out the window. "The only family I have is my aunt. She's in the kitchen." I tried to stand up, but my hands were still tied.

"Why are we sitting here?! Is she was....." I was going to say 'our dad', but it was just to weird. "We have to see if she knows anything. About....well anything. Why there's two True Alphas."

He sighed, got up, and untied my arms. I rubbed my wrists while walking into the kitchen.

"Aunt Jen?" He called.

A woman with brown - almost black - hair walked out of the arch from the kitchen. She wiped her hands on her jeans and said, "Yes?" without even looking up.

"Uh, hi." I walked closer to her. "I'm-"

Her head shot up and she froze. She looked back and forth between Dylan and me. "Chloe?"