Chapter 28: The Final Choice

Colored lights shone through the darkness that covered my eyes. I looked down, to see sand beneath my feet. Golden sandle's suddenly formed around them, and I noticed I was wearing a matching sundress.

I fiddled with the spaghetti straps, getting them untwisted.

"Chloe?" Someone breathed. The voice sounded familiar, but I couldn't put a face to it. I looked up and saw a man with dirty blonde hair and piercing blue eyes stood before me.

"A-Alek?"

"It's you." He ran up to me and pulled me into a hug. My head buried in the nuzzle of his neck, I sighed. I wrapped my arms around him.

"I can't believe its you. I've been trying so hard to reach you again." He squeezed me tightly before letting go. "I've missed you so much."

I know I should be ecstatic. Happy, so happy I should be jumping into his arms, smiling like an idiot, or crying. But I just stood there, looking at him. The old me would be too happy for words. But now, I just don't have words for him.

I hadn't seen him in so long, it was like I was just imagining him. As if he wasn't even there. I felt perfectly normal. Any emotion that tried to make its way to expressing itself, was pushed back by pure reflex.

Alek grabbed my wrists. "Chloe? Are you okay?"

"I-I'm fine." I scrunched my eyebrows together. Why was I not happy? My soulmate was standing infront of me, and I felt like I was staring at nothing.

He smiled. "I'm so glad to see you again." I nodded. He took my hand and kissed it. It sent tingles all up my arm. He placed my hand on his shoulder and pulled me closer.

"What's wrong?" He asked softly.

"I don't know." I said honestly. "I haven't seen you in so long, and just to see you now....I'm not sure what's wrong with me. It's like all my emotions are blocked. I don't feel anything. I know I should be so so happy I can see you again. But I'm....not." I scrunched my eyebrows together in confusion.

"Maybe this'll help." He brought his hand up to my chin and titled it up. He slowly leaned his head down. My breathing slowed. His lips touched mine lightly at first. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he deepened the kiss.

I felt a chill go down my spine. Every emotion, it seemed, hit me at once. It was like a wall went down and all my happy memories and emotions came rushing back to me. I could feel again.

I felt everything. I was happy, then sad. Then so mad I was shaking. I pulled away and stared into his eyes. His piercing blue eyes, sky blue. Just as they always had been.

"Alek." I hugged him. I hugged him tighter then I've ever hugged anyone, not wanting to let him go. I felt tears roll down my cheeks. "You're here." I whispered. "I can't believe you're here."

I felt more then heard him chuckle. "It's good to see you too." He wiped the tears off my cheek with his thumb.

His face turned serious. "Chloe, where are you and Dylan?"

"Uh, I'm not sure. I don't know what city or anything. I just know it's in the middle of a big forest."

He groaned and threw his head back. "You make rescuing you, very hard. Did you know that?" His lips curled into a small smile.

"I don't want to be saved. I'm doing fine."

"But I don't want Dylan to walk out of that house without you."

"Don't worry." I said. "We're walking out of there together." He looked down at me. "I promise."

Cold hands shook my shoulders, waking me up.