Chapter 21

[A/N] IM SORRY! i know i havent updated this in a whileee......sorry♥   People wanted to find out what's up with Chris.....guess you'll find out ;) 

Love ya,

xoxo, Nikole1199

p.s. ->  Be sure to check out Better Than Revenge my newest book(: Thanks and love ya till the sky falls♥

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I contemplated on what he said. "I can't." My eyes avoided his. I felt his hand on mine, and I knew he wanted me to continue. "Dancing was always my mom and I's thing. And the day she died I promised her that I wouldn't dance again without her." I twirled the bracelet around my wrist. I found it in my pocket a couple days ago. It had my mom's name engraved on it.

I sighed and looked up at him. His ace was unreadable. "But you aren't without her." He told me.

"She's dead, Alek." It pained my to say it outload.

"But she's in your heart." He whispered. "Her bracelet is on your wrist. She's with you everyday, Chloe. Besides, I highly doubt your mom would want you to stop the one thing in the world that made you happy."

"Well, it's not the only thing that makes me happy." I smiled. He leaned over and kissed me. I melted into him and I heard someone clear their throat. I pulled away and found Sierra and Chris standing over our table.

"Hey." I blushed slightly.

Sierra laughed and sat down, Chris followed suit.

"Chris," Alek started. "I don't know much about you." He stated. "What did you do before you...." He trailed. We laughed at him and he shrugged.

"I used to work in a bank." He said. "It wasn't my favorite thing to do, but it got the bills paid and I got to meet people everyday." He finished with a smile.

Alek nodded and asked, "So where'd you meet Sierra?"

"At Julian's house." He said. I gave him a small glare, and he changed his answer. "Well, Chloe's house." I smiled and leaned into Alek. He put his arm around my shoulder and continued with his questioning.

Alek questioned Chris for like, half an hour. He basically told us his entire life story. He was born in California, but moved here to Ohio when he was 19. He lived in an apartment building over the arcade down the street. He was walking home when Julian found him. He was allowed in the house just a few days after being changed.

"So what? You just stopped your life?" Alek asked sounding judge-y. I could understand why, though. Sierra was his family. Like she said, family was a huge thing to her. And him apparently.

"Not exactly." He said. He seemed to be searching for the right words. "When I first changed, I was totally freaked out. I got a room in the house, and basically locked myself in there for days. Well, it wasn't days it was, I think, about 3 months." I turned to Alek and he had his eyebrows slightly raised.

"But Julian called a meeting and everyone had to be there. So I was forced to leave my room. I went downstairs and sat in the corner. We were welcoming a new girl." His eyes flickered to Sierra, who blushed. It took me a while to actually talk to her, but after a few weeks, we started going out." He finished.

"That was one year ago?" Alek asked. Chris nodded. Alek leaned back into his chair, making his arm fall of my shoulder.

"What is it?" I asked him.

"You never told me." He said.

"What?" I was so confused.

"You never told me." He looked at Sierra. "You were a.....you know. For a year. And didn't tell me. Then at the same time you're dating a guy I don't know?" He seemed angry. Sierra didn't seem fazed.

"I wasn't exactly allowed to tell you." She hissed.

"I'm your family." He said through his teeth. "And you know how Dad feels about lying to family." The way her said it.....it sounded like a threat.

Without saying a word, she got up and went inside the cafe. I watched through the window and saw her wiped her cheek and head for the restroom.

"I'll be right back." I pushed back my chair.

"Chloe, she's fine."

"I'll just be a minute." I told him. I pushed my chair back in out of habit and pushed the cafe door open. I walked into the bathroom to find Sierra leaning over the sink, crying.

"Hey." I walked over to her. "What's wrong?" I asked her.

"Nothing." She sniffled.

"We're best friends right?" She nodded. "Then you should be able to tell me."

She sighed. "It's my dad." She sniffled again. "I haven't seen him in like, 4 years."

"But you've only been a you-know-what for one." I said.

"I was, um, kicked out. Of my house." She looked down at her hands. "My family's really tight. There were no secrets. But, my dad had this ridiculous rule that I couldn't date anyone until I had my own house or apartment or whatever." She shook her head. "I didn't want to go behind his back, but he was so cute." She whined.

"Chris?" I was lost.

"No, his name was Todd." She smiled slightly. "He played football at my old highschool. We went out a couple of times, and our last date didn't go well."

"What do you mean?" I didn't mean to pry, but I wanted to know.

"Well, we went to see a movie. I don't remember which one, though. We made-out through the whole thing." She laughed. "Don't tell Chris that. But when we walked out, hand in hand, my dad was buying movie tickets for my brother and his friend. He saw us and freaked." She shook her head. "He told me to go home and pack my things. I ended up living with Alek for a while." She looked at her reflection. Her face had tear trails down the cheeks and her eyes were red. "I just want to see him again and, I don't know, apologize. Or something. Just make sure he still loves me."

I gasped. "Sierra, oh course he still loves you. He's your dad." I said to her. She sniffled in response.

She looked at her reflection for a few moments more, then wiped away the last evidence that said she was crying. Her eyes had gone from red and puffy to perfectly normal.

"You've got to teach me that sometime." I joked.

"Just remind me too." She replied with a smile. "Thanks, Chloe." She gave me a hug.

"No big." I shrugged and we went back to the table. We sat back down and the guys waited for one of us to say something.

"I want to see Dad." Sierra said. My jaw dropped. Even I hadn't expected that.

"Seriously, S? You know what happened-"

She held up a hand, "I'm seeing him, with or without you help."

"Seriously guys? No more fighting. I've had enough drama in the last week to last me a lifetime. Thanks." I said watching Chris roll him eyes.

"Where is he?" She asked Alek.

He remained silent. "Where. Is. He?" She repeated.

"Boston." He sighed.

"Drive me there?"

"Now?" Chris and I said at the same time.

"Get in the car." Alek said. I stood up and he whispered to me. "Prepare yourself for a lot of drama. My house is full of it."