Chapter 17

I fell asleep at round 9:20, then woke up at 4:36. I groaned loudly. I rolled over and tried to fall back asleep.

Someone began pounding on my door. "Go away!" I shouted, but they kept pounding.

"If that's Julian, Sierra, or Luke and I open this door. You're dead." I threatened while walking to the door. I jerked the door open and Chris was standing on the other side.

"You never said anything about me." He pointed out.

"Oh, did you want me to? Cause I can think of something real fast." I narrowed my eyes.

"Ouch. Someone's pissed." He said, walking past me and jumping on my bed.

"Do you want something?" I crossed my arms over my chest and stared at him.

"Yeah, there was this guy at the door but Julian sent him away. Thought you should know. He seemed sad, but Julian was pissed. He threw our couch. The bad one, not the leather." He said.

"Wait, what guy? What'd he look like?" Had Alek really come back?

"Um, brown hair. Blue eyes. Tall for a dude. He had on a leather jacket." Chris described Alek perfectly.

"Oh my God. He came back." I whispered to myself.

"Yeah well, he might not anymore."

I snapped my head up and looked at him. "Why not?"

"Julian said that if he ever came back he'd regret it." Chris said, in that "DUH!" tone he used so often.

"Are you sure?" I whined. He nodded in response.

"Thanks Chris." I said. I got up and made my way downstairs. The entire level was empty. Well, it was 4 am, so everyone was probably sleeping.

My stomach growled in protest for food. I walked over to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water. I set it down on the counter and went to the fridge. There was a bunch of raw meat- steaks, sausage, and ribs. I wasn't against meat, but it wasn't my favorite thing in the world. So I grabbed a handful of grapes and vanilla yogurt.

"You're not gonna mix those together, right?" Luke joked walking into the kitchen.

"What are you doing here?" I said flatly.

"I could ask you then same thing." He said with a small smile. "But I couldn't sleep. Kept having bad dreams."

"What? Did a monster come and eat you?" I joked.

"No, the girl I love was crying. About something I caused." He said, suddenly standing extremely close to me. "And then she told me off." He looked down at me with his green eyes piercing into mine.

"Well then, I'm sorry she was totally right about everything she said." I started walking away, but Luke wrapped his arm around my waist.

"You shouldn't fight it so much." He said to me. "He's not coming back, Chloe."

"Screw you Luke."

"Ouch." He said with a smile. "But I'm serious. Chloe, he won't be back. He's gone"

"And who should I blame for that?" I asked, looking up at him while trying to get his arm off of me. "Cause I'm thinking you right now."

"I wasn't the one who scared him off."

"Then who did?" I asked my voice filled with anger.

"Well, Sierra started yelling at him to stay away from you-"

"She did? Why?" I was totally confused.

"Something about not wanting him to hurt you anymore." He shook his head slightly. "I couldn't really pick up on it."