7. Bankai [Gin Ichimaru]

[~Bankai~] 7/100 Drabbles|Bleach| [Gin Ichimaru]

"The only thing it does is change lengths."

"Hey, Gin, you recently got your bankai, yeah?" You looked over the silver haired boy's shoulder and peered at what he was doing.

He stared at you with those seemingly open but not open eyes. You could not tell.

"Yeah, I did." His voice was high pitched.

"Ah! You're so lucky!" You gushed, smiling at him. "I haven't got that far yet! To top it off, I think you're younger than me!" You sighed at the last part.

He made you feel like you were accomplishing goals very slowly, compared to him.

Gin chuckled.

"Oh! What does your bankai do?" You asked, feeling nosy.

"Kamishini no Yari. It can extend a very long distance and cut...a lot of things." Gin replied with his usual sly smile.

"...care to show?" You asked.

"You see that dummy standing over there?" Gin pointed to a dummy down the training grounds, at least a few hundred metres away.

"Yup!"

"Watch." Gin grinned. He whispered 'bankai', and in that second he said it, the dummy toppled over and hit the ground.

Your eyes were wide with surprise. You didn't even see the sword move!

But something puzzled you even more, making you cross your arms and tilt your head, your hand holding up your chin between the index and thumb finger.

"And that's that." Gin nodded and sheathed his sword.

"You know Gin..." You started, choosing your words carefully. You didn't want to anger the guy now that you knew that he could cut you down where you stand...or even a couple (or hundred) metres away.

He stared up at you, since you were taller than him, waiting for you to talk.

"I actually expected a cooler bankai, not one that just makes itself longer and shorter..." You said slowly.

Gin gave you a blank expression and then laughed it off.

"What do you know, you don't even have a bankai yet! Yours could be uncool-er than mine, hahah!" Gin just laughed at you, holding his stomach.

You glared at him from where you stood, narrowing your eyes.

I'll get you for this...you better watch out, you lil' snake!