52. Don't Cry [Unohana]

[~Don't Cry~] 52/100 Drabble|Bleach|[Unohana]

Dedicated to: The Utterly Fabulous Z

"He stole my toy!" You shouted, pointing an accusing finger at the boy across from you. "Give me back the toy, Renji!" You screamed, tears threatening to fall.

You were one of a couple of kids in the child care. Renji was another, who had mercilessly taken your toy because he wanted to play with it. The red head frowned at you and hugged the teddy bear.

"No! You've already played with it! It's my turn now!" He retorted.

You felt your lips quiver and the tears fell. You cried, sobbing uncontrollably as you screamed out. You didn't like sharing toys. Plus, that teddy bear was your favourite toy in the child care centre!

"My my, what's wrong?" Unohana, the worker here, came up to you, crouching down to your level as she wiped a tear from your red face.

You sniffed, trying to control your sobbing, but to no avail. "H-Hwe twook m-my b-bear!"

A surprised expression flashed onto the young woman's face, before it left, a gracious smile on her features. "Why did he take the bear?"

"H-Hwe w-wanted to p-pway with it!"

Unohana turned to Renji. "Did you ask to play with it?"

Renji looked guilty. He fidgeted with the arms of the teddy bear, before looking down. "No, I didn't."

"Why don't you ask now?" The woman suggested, her voice kind.

Renji looked up, his eyes glassy. He turned to you, and in a small voice, he spoke, "C-can I borrow teddy for today?"

Unohana smiled.

You frowned at him, your sobs ceasing. You hiccupped instead as you glared at him. You didn't want to give away your teddy. You looked towards Unohana for assistance, but she was only smiling. You gulped, wanting to make Unohana proud. Sucking up your pride, you turn your head and clench your little hands into fists.

"Ok! But you better give it back tomorrow!" You warned.

Renji gasped but then grinned. "Thanks!" He ran off playing.

Unohana smiled and patted you on the head, making you start to sniff. You didn't want to give Renji your toy. But you had to, because Unohana was someone you wanted to impress.

"I'm proud of you." She praised.

That made you burst out in tears and you clutched onto her leg, crying your eyes out. She was surprised, but then patted you the back, cooing you to stop.

"Don't cry, don't cry..."