44. Shaved Ice [Toshiro Hitsugaya]

[~Shaved Ice~] 44/100 Drabbles|Bleach| [Toshiro Hitsugaya]

Dedicated to: The Utterly Fabulous Z

"It's burning!"

It was an unusually hot day in soul society. The temperatures had risen nearly 10 degrees Celsius than the average it has been for a couple of months. It sent the gotei 13 into a frenzy, and nearly each and every one of them wore a modified version of their formal attire.

You talked to the fan that was blowing furiously in front of you, laughing at the sound of your robotic voice. Rangiku, to your side, sighed deeply and fell face first into the ice tub that she had brought along.

"I wish it was colder!" She whined.

"Why don't you just find Captain?" You asked.

Rangiku's stood up, "That's a great idea! Let's find him!" She dragged you along with her, and you found him by his icy cave somewhere in the mountains.

It didn't take long to find him - since everyone said that he'd be there.

Once you guys entered the room, you heard a scratching noise and something hitting another thing.

"Hey, Captain? Are you in here?!" You shouted, your voice echoing off the walls.

You heard an irritated grunt, then heard some footsteps.

"What do you 2 want?" An annoyed Toshiro asked.

"Oh, hi Captain!" You greeted, bowing your head, "We just wanted to find you so that you could...uh..." you turned your head to face Rangiku, unsure of what to say. You literally face floored at what the orange haired female was doing, she had latched herself around a huge icicle, hugging it.

"I wanted some shaved ice!" She whined.

You heard Toshiro sigh deeply, before turning on his heel and walking the way he came. You followed after him, leaving Rnagiku to run after you, careful not to fall over as she ran with the ice.

As you followed your captain, you heard a machine make a funny sound, and Toshiro crouching down on the ground somewhere. The sound of the machine came from where he was.

"Here." He handed you a hand sized cup of shaved ice, with a thick yellow liquid that seeped into the top. There was a spoon shoved to the side.

You held onto it and your eyes shimmered as you felt incredibly grateful towards your captain, "Thanks, captain!"

He didn't reply and made some more of it, but this time, it was topped with a pink liquid. He handed that to you, "Give that to Rangiku. That way, she'll stop being a pain in the-"

"Ok, captain!" You saluted him and gave it to the lieutenant, who stood next to you, panting from having to run.

"THANKS SHIRO!" Rangiku literally jumped onto the short captain, making him topple over, along with the machine.

There was a crack heard as Rangiku placed a hand down to push herself up, but found that it was one of the legs to the machine.

She held a stiff smile before bolting out of the cave, shouting, "Save me!"