Chapter 4

Ezra's POV

We ran to the town's edge. As we arrived, I looked behind us to see the tan haired man following us. But this time he was accompanied by three...stormtroopers?

These were not stormtroopers. They almost looked like clones. But there were no clones in service. Unless...

Everything I was seeing made me think it more and more. We were in the Clone War times. That machine must have been for time travel.

We ran outside of town and continued across the countryside. I quickly shared my thoughts with Zeb and Sabine. "I think you are right, kid," said Sabine.

"Then we have to figure out how to get back!" Zeb exclaimed.

We ran to a group of rocks and hid behind the farthest ones. Then we starting shooting at the man and the clones.

The man then pulled out a lightsaber. I gawked for a millisecond then continued firing. They of course fired back, but some of our own shots were being deflected because of the man.

"I think I am about to do something very stupid," I said.

"Do it!" Zeb and Sabine said at the same time, obviously knowing what I meant.

I stopped firing and ignited my lightsaber. I started deflecting the shots fired at us. The tan haired man was obviously surprised and ordered his men to stop.

I held my saber up as he approached us. "My name is Obi-Wan Kenobi. And yours is?" Obi-Wan said.

I looked to my crew. "We mean no harm," Obi-Wan supplied.

I didn't really trust him, seeing his lightsaber was still actived. Kenobi reached for a com in his belt. If he called for reinforcements, we would have to find a way out of here, fast.

"Anakin, come in," Kenobi said through the com.

"Get em yet?" Came the reply.

"I am trying to have a peaceful talk."

"Is your lightsaber on?"

"Why is that relevant?"

"Because I know you. I will be right there."

Kenobi put his com away. "Well maybe now we can have peaceful talks!" he said.

I took in how much distance was between us. About ten feet. The clones were starting to come up behind Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan disengaged his lightsaber as he turned to talk to the troops.

"Sir, do you want us to detain them?" asked one of the soldiers.

"Well, Rex, I think that would be against peaceful talks," Kenobi replied.

Zeb nudged Sabine and I and gestured for us to huddle. "I am not trusting this guy," Zeb growled quietly.

I had disengaged my lightsaber and put it on my belt. As I did, I looked to the man again. For some reason he was starting to look familiar....wait! He was the guy from the holocron!

"Hey, guys, that's the guy from Kanan's holocron! I think this proves our suspicion of some sort of time travel," I said.

"Well, then we know for sure Ezra was not born yet, but what about the rest of us?" Sabine asked.

"Probably a conversation for later, his little friend is here," Zeb pointed out.

Sure enough, Anakin was coming on a speeder bike. He parked the bike a few feet from the rocks and approached the groups. "Master, did you figure out why they were running?" Anakin asked.