Chapter 12

Ezra's POV

I landed the ship in a docking bay. We left the droid to watch the ship.

As we walked, we talked. "So how are we supposed to contact the Jedi?" Zeb asked.

"I have no idea," Sabine and I said at the same time.

"Well, we have to figure out something," I said.

"First, let's find this Jedi temple. Then let's go from there," Sabine suggested.

We walked farther, and I kept doubting the plan. How were we supposed to know they were even there? Just then, a brilliant plan hit my mind. I stopped in the middle of the street.

"Hey what are you doing, kid?" asked Zeb.

"We don't need to get the Jedi," I said.

"Why?" Sabine asked.

"Because, I have come up with a plan that can get us in and out of the senate building," I replied with a smirk.

"And that plan is?" Sabine asked.

"Why don't we trip an alarm?" I suggested.

"What do you mean?" Zeb asked.

"I think I see where Ezra is going with this. If we trip the right alarm, the building will evacuate and we can get around without trouble. But how can we guarantee no guards?" Sabine asked.

"I don't know. There is no guarantee of anything, we only have hope," I said.

"Well, better trip a good alarm," Zeb said.

"We can't go trip an alarm now!" Sabine exclaimed. "We need to know our way around first!"

"Then how are we going to map out the place without getting caught?" Zeb asked.

"Why don't we just say we are tourists or something? They allow that now, don't they?" I questioned.

"I have no idea!" Sabine said.

"Let's just head there and see! All of our questions will be asked. They maybe we can ask around to see if anybody else knows a way in, or who are the nice senators, anyway," Zeb suggested.

"Then let's go!" I exclaimed.

We walked through the crowds of people to the senate building. The sky always seemed to be dark down here. And so are the people.

We had to dodge around at least ten fights or so. Life down here seemed as hard as when I lived in the streets. Fighting to survive, all the time.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by Zeb, who annouced we arrived. I sucked in a breath once I saw the senate building.

It was huge! How long would it take me to go through all those vents?

"Come on, we better hurry," Sabine said.

As she said this, a shiny ship landed near the building. "Naboo ship," Sabine mumbled.

We stood watching as the passengers exited the ship. It was a woman who wore a plain white outfit. She was surronded by four bodyguards. Must be a senator.

As we watched, Zeb nudged me and Sabine. "Do you think they are supposed to be there?" Zeb pointed and we looked.

There were two men laying on a ledge higher up on the building. All they seemed to be just looking at the Naboo people, but then then pulled out blasters.

They were snipers!

"What do we do?" I asked.

"Well, we better hurry, they are about to fire!" Sabine exclaimed.