Chapter 17

Anakin's POV

It was like the next sequence of events happened in slow motion. First, I looked behind me to see one of the intruders reach behind his back. He pulled out a small blaster and pointed it at Padme.

The gun was shot out of his hand by an unknown person. "22 pick-up!" Someone yelled.

I quickly looked back to Spector 6. He had a smirk on his face. He seemed to know what a 22 pick-up was.

Shots were being fired at us from down the hall. Windu, Fisto, and Kenobi turned to deal with them. I had to deal with the kid.

I held up my lightsaber, but instead of the kid advancing, he jumped up.... into the ventilation opening.

He closed it behind him. Great, now what?

"He's gone!" I said to Kenobi.

The shooters apparently heard and stopped firing. They were gone, too.

Sabine's POV

How could this be possible? We are in a completely different time than the Ghost. Kanan couldn't be talking through the comm.

I looked at Zeb with a worried look. His face reflected my worry and confusion.

Maybe this meant there was hope.

I heard the Jedi talking to Ezra about what Kanan said. We had to get him out of there.

"22 pick-up?" I asked Zeb.

"Agreed," he replied.

I aimed my blasters around the corner, careful to not go fully around the corner.

All of a sudden, one of the attackers pulled out a blaster. Quickly, I shot the blaster out of his hand, before he could even think about hurting Ezra.

"22 pick-up!" I yelled, hoping Ezra would hear.

He apparently did, because I heard Skywalker announce he was gone.

Zeb and I turned and ran down the hall. Well, it wasn't exactly a 22 pick-up, but at least the idea was put through.

"Spector 6 to Spector 5! Shadow point?" Ezra asked.

"Confirmed!" I exclaimed.

We had taken to calling the Rebellion shadow point. It turned out to be a good idea, as we have already uses the code several times.

Zeb and I ran back to the window we had come in with. He hoisted me up and I stepped up to the outside ledge.

I took Zeb's hand and helped him up, not that he needed any. We ran back along the ledge. It was fater this time getting down. We blended with the crowd still huddled by the building.

Zeb and I slowed our pace, hoping we wouldn't draw attention to ourselves. Thankfully, we weren't stopped or even given a second glance.

We broke from the crowd and into an alley, heading for the ship. As Zeb and I walked in silence, I tried to comprehend what had just happened.

I had so many questions. How did that message come through? Why did it come through? Right know, we were in a time before we even broke into that facility, but how dis Kanan transmitt a message to Ezra's comm as if the mission was still happening?

It was too confusing. I would just wait until the crew is back together.