Chapter 30

Ahsoka's POV

I knocked on the door to Six's room. The crew's new ship had arrived, and Six seemed the best to tell the news to. I did not want to deal with Five's sarcastic attitude or Four's menacing stare.

The door opened to reveal his electric blue eyes staring back at me. "Yeah?" He asked me.

"Your new ship is in. Your crew can leave whenever you want," I reported.

"Good. I'll tell them." He shut the door and I was left standing alone in the hallway.

As I turned to return to Anakin, I reflected on these last few weeks with the strange crew.

They had helped us fight Seperatists. They protected Padme when the Jedi needed help. They had been through quite a few crashes and explosions. Together, Six and I helped save Padme's life from the sinister Count Dooku.

And all they asked for in return was to help find this machine they were looking for. Six revealed only to me the reason they needed to find the machine. They wanted to find their family.

But we had no information on the strange device. All that we could give them in return for their heroic acts was a new ship.

Who wouldn've thought that these unlikely scoundrels could help us save lives?

"Ahsoka!"

I looked behind me to see Anakin jogging towards me.

"Did you tell them?" He asked.

"Yes."

"What is it?" Anakin asked with a knowing look.

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

"You are distracted. Is it the crew?"

"Well. . .maybe."

"What has got you worried?"

"Not so much worried as confused," I explained carefully.

"Explain."

"I mean, well, they have helped us so much these last few weeks. But when we try to help them, we are unsuccessful. Now they will leave without what we said we would help them find."

"Ahsoka, the force works in strange ways. I am sure the crew will find what they are looking for. But on their own accord. We can not do what is not destined to be. The Force will guide them through their hard times and help them find a way out. It is not for us to interfere."

"Yes, master."

As we continued walking through the halls, I thought about what Anakin had said. Was this truly destiny? Or a sick trick?

《~》

"Naboo will not forget your valor acts. We wish you safe passage to wherever you are going," Padme said in farewell to the parting crew.

"Yeah, yeah," Four huffed.

"Don't mind him! He is not one for praise," Six teased.

"Goodbye," I said to the crew. "Maybe we will pass paths again."

"Maybe," Five said.

"See ya!" Six said.

"Beep!" Screwy exclaimed.

The four walked up the ramp of their new ship. We tried to keep it as close to the original as possible. The only thing different was the markings on the ship.

The ramp rose up and closed the ship.

The ship rose into the air. Six flew it up in the atmosphere.

As everyone else left for the palace, I stayed to watch the ship leave.

I wondered if we really would ever cross paths again. Hopefully we would. I had grown to think highly of the strange crew.

As the crew flew to another world to find what they had fought so hard to get a sliver of a chance to find it, I finally turned around and walked to the entance of the palace.

For the last time, I approached the doorway and turned to see the ship had disappeared.

May the force be with you, all of you, always, I thought silently before I walked inside to my friends, and, I guess, I would call them my family.