Chapter 28

Ezra's POV

"How are we going to watch the senator, exactly? Your master always seems to be by her all the time," I asked.

"Not all the time!" Ahsoka exclaimed. "Let's just go and say we would like to talk with Padme and see where it goes from there."

"Let's go."

We walked out of the medical ward, me feeling a bit dizzy, but I was not going to say anything. Ahsoka walked a brisk pace that was sometimes hard for me to catch up with.

Finally, we entered the Naboo office of Senator Padme Amidala. As the door creaked open, she looked up from her work. "Six, Ahsoka. What a pleasant surprise! Come, sit!"

"Hello Senator," Ahsoka greeted.

"Trouble?" Padme asked as we sat.

"No trouble, we just wanted to see how you where doing. I know these last few days must have been troubling for you,"As Ahsoka talked, she nudged me with her foot. I took this as I sign I should do something.

I had no idea what exactly she wanted me to do so I did the one thing all Jedi did. Use the force.

I zoned out of the conversation that the two were having and tried to see if I could sense any trouble. So far, everything seemed fine.

I kept trying. I doubled checked. I tripled checked. Nothing.

I lost my connection with the force and put my attention back to Ahsoka and Padme. They seemed to be having a conversation on ship designs. I tried to follow them, but I quickly got bored.

I reconnected with the force. Strange how Padme hadn't notice what I was doing, yet.

I tried to sense in the vents connecting to the office first. All clear.

I tried the hallway. I couldn't feel a thing for a while, but then I felt something with the force.

Anakin? There was no one else here that was force-sensitive.

But this presence was filled with hate and fear. Anakin was not like that. The only time I had felt this much hate and fear was when the Sith almost killed me. And Kanan.

Could this be another Sith? I had little time to answer my own question. The force-user was coming in the direction of the office.

Before I disconnected to the force, I felt other presences farther down the hall. These were cold and seemed to have no life.

As I reentered the conversation, I tried to warn everyone.

"Ahsoka, Padme-"

I was cut off by blaster fire. All three of us shot out of our chairs. Ahsoka and I raced to block the door.

We engaged our lightsabers and waited at the door. "Senator, get down," I said.

I heard the senator's chair screech across the floor. I kept my eyes on the door.

I felt the force-user coming closer to us. The door flew open, but we kept our ground.

In walked a man with a red lightsaber. His hair and beard was snow white. He was tall and wore dark clothes. "Count Dooku," Ahsoka said.

"Ah, the padawan of Anakin Skywalker, and a new friend. Where is the senator?" Dooku asked.

Padme must have been hiding somewhere in the office. They were a couple of closets.

"She is currently out," I replied.

"Well, that will not do," Dooku came closer to us and raised his lightsaber.

Before he could come closer, I shot an energy blast at him with my lightsaber still engaged. Dooku blocked the shot, but looked at my lightsaber curiously.

Everyone just admired my lightsaber.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," Dooku said menacingly.

I looked to Ahsoka and we nodded at the same time. I started blasting energy at him repeatedly while Ahsoka ran at him. He somehow was able to hold off Ahsoka's attacks and my shots at the same time. I stopped shooting and also ran at him.

Dooku was having a harder time trying to fight both of us, but he still pulled it off. Ahsoka pulled out another lightsaber.

Dooku was now one lightsaber to three. "Surrender now, Dooku," Ahsoka said.

We were at a resting moment in the fight. Dooku stood up straight and raised his lightsaber. He laughed menacingly and raised his hands. He pushed his hands through the air.

Ahsoka and I were pushed back. I looked behind us to see a large window behind Padme's desk. We smashed through the window.

The last thing I thought before we went plummeting down was that we were fifty floors.