Chapter 15

Zeb's POV

I couldn't hear Ezra over the sound of the crowd.

"Spector 6! Stay where you are!" I shouted into the comm.

As I waited for something from the kid, I heard a muffled sound from the comm.

I heard the kid say something, but I couldn't make it out. Karrabast! I went the opposite direction of the crowd. Hopefully, Ezra didn't get himself into trouble.

As I tried to push through the crowd, the frightened crowd resisted.

Karrabast! I couldn't get through! I had no choice but to go with the crowd and trust the kid.

Ezra's POV

What was I supposed to do! Both ways were bad! I also had no idea who I just saved. This day was turning out to be a bad day.

The woman coughed. "Are you ok?" I asked.

"Yes. It is just this smoke," she started coughing again.

"Hold on! I will get us out of here," I said. In truth, I was starting to get tired. Using the force that way drained my power. Plus, this woman was taller than me. That put a lot more weight on me.

Seeing this woman was hurt and still coughing, I made a split second decision. We would go to the fight.

"Come on. This way," I said and we started going as fast as we could to the fight already coming our way.

After a few halls, we met the fight.

Too bad it was the wrong end of the fight.

I saw the men the Jedi were shooting at earlier. I quickly opened a door to the nearest room and shoved the woman inside.

Then came the yells that signaled the men saw us. I locked the door to the room and turned around to face the men.

A couple of them turned towards me and lifted their blasters. In the blink of an eye, I engaged my lightsaber and started deflecting shots as fast as they were fired.

Much to my displeasure, the men were still being pushed my way. I backed down the hall. Eventually, the Jedi entered the hallway we were in.

Immediately, Obi-Wan saw me on the other side of the enemy. His eyes widened, but he resumed fighting.

I then noticed the locked room with the woman was behind the Jedi. Perfect. I could work with that.

Sabine's POV

What did those boys do this time! The buildings alarm was going off. When was that ever a good sign? After a while, I saw a crowd of people exit.

I saw a figure break away from the crowd. Looking closer, I saw it was Zeb. I ran to the giant Lasat.

"Where's Spector 6?" I asked.

Wow, we haven't called each other our real names since our first day in this time. We were always worried about people overhearing us.

"We got lost in the crowd!" He exclaimed. "I don't even think he came out with the crowd!"

"Then we have to go back in!"

"How?"

We looked up at the same time and nodded to each other. Back to the window plan.