Chapter 22

Ezra's POV

The prisoner Zeb and I caught was transferred to a holding cell so he could be questioned later.
Right now, we were all gathered in the Jedi Council room. The Council was about to decide if we should keep guarding the senator, or if danger had passed.

"Begun, the meeting has," said Yoda, the green guy.

"We have the sniper in custody. We have to decide whether to keep our guard on the senator, or if she is safe,"reported Mace Windu.

"Well, the Spectors seem to have a handle on the situation," Obi-Wan said.

"What if another incident like this haplens again?" Anakin asked. Anakin and Ahsoka had also joined the meeting, even though they were not part of the council.

"Unclear, the future is," Yoda spoke slowly.

"Master, if Padme can not even go to the senate building without being threatened, we have to take her somewhere safer. Perhaps Naboo, like before," Obi-Wan suggested.

"Ahsoka and I can take her to the palace and watch her from there," Anakin said eagerly.

"Even if the senator is safe, we still need to find the assassins. Spectors, do you know anyone who could help?" Windu asked.

I looked to Sabine and Zeb with uncertainty. How could we possibly help? We knew no one except the Jedi and the people we have traded with in the last couple weeks. I did not really think we could find anything useful.

"No, but we can still look," Sabine replied after a few moments of silence. Great, she offered our service without Zeb or me agreeing.

"Since we still have the Spectors help, we need to decide how to get the senator to Naboo," Kit Fisto, I just learned his name before the meeting, said.

"With our allies, Skywalker, Tano, and the senator go," Yoda said with confidence.

"Well, smuggling is our specialty," Zeb said with a michevious grin. I nudged him in the side.

"Go now, and may the force be with you," Windu said.