Chapter 9

Ezra's POV

My head still hurt from the explosion. Everywhere hurt, especially the arm I landed on when I was thrown forward.

The crew and I woke up in a med bay. We knew we were taken there by the Jedi, and did not want to stay.

Zeb went to one of the clones and made up this story about how we have our own ship with its own medical droid. I didn't think anyone would be stupid enough to believe him, but this clone was.

When we left, we decided to go to the outskirts of town and find somewhere to stay the night.

Finally we found an abandoned building. We all took one of the three couches we found.

I was dead tired.

As soon as my head hit the couch, I was out.

When we all were awake the next morning, we ate some of the food we bought yesterday. "What's the plan? I asked as we ate.

"The plan is too not get shot," said Zeb.

"Well, we should probably stay low for a while. None of us got seriously hurt, but I still have a headache. I don't know about you guys, but I am done with the Clone Wars," Sabine said.

"Well, you can blame Zeb, he pushed the button," I remarked.

"I didn't think it would take us here!" Zeb exclaimed.

"Well, we are here and we do not know what to do!" I said back.

"How about we stop fighting and figure this out?" Sabine suggested.

"Ok, but how are we going to keep the Jedi off of our trail? None of us has records anywhere! And one of us has a lightsaber," Zeb indicated me.

"Well, before we worry about that, let's make some money. Zeb, you can take some money and do sabac. Ezra and I will... find other ways." Sabine stood up and headed to the door.

Sabine and I left Zeb at the bar. As Zeb gambled away, I left Sabine, too, and starting trying to find someone who wad being oblivious to their surrondings.

After two hours, I met with Sabine and Zeb at the bar. "How much did you get, kid?" Zeb asked.

I placed five small bags of credits on the bar. "Beat that," I said.

"Oh he did," Sabine said.

"What, how?" I asked.

"Some lothrat bet their ship, and I got it," Zeb chuckled.

I immediately brightened at that. Our own ship, this will be perfect.

"He docked it in docking bay 8, so we will gave to go get it. I got everything inside, too. He didn't give me a name though."

We walked to the town's docking bays in much higher spirits. But as soon as we saw the ship we would now call our own, a dark mood set over us.

The ship was the same model as the Ghost.

It wasn't the same ship though. It didn't have the same markings.

"So I guess we will not be calling it the Ghost," I attempted at some kind of humor.

Nobody was in the mood. It reminded us too much of what we had left. Where our real home was.

"Well, we can't just sit here moping around. We have to look through the ship. Come on," Sabine said with a choked voice.

Zeb opened the ramp with a remote he got from the previous owner. We went to the cockpit.

"Well, anybody want to throw out ideas for names?" I asked.

"Should we name it something to remind us of the rebellion?" Zeb suggested.

"That's it!" Sabine immediately brightened up.

"What?" Zeb and I asked at the same time.

"Let's call the ship Rebellion."

Zeb and I looked each other. I did think it was a cool name. "Why not?" I remarked.

"Who is going to drive?" Zeb asked.

"Who has had the most lessons from Hera?" Sabine asked.

"That would be me," I said with a smirk.

"You want to drive?" Sabine asked skeptically.

"Well I know what the controls are and how to hyperspace jump," I pointed out.

"Oh, fine, but what will we name the smaller ship? Not the Phantom," Zeb said.

"Let's go along with our theme at least," I said.

We sat there for a while, just thinking. I definitely could think of nothing at all. I could only think of home. On the Ghost. Man, I wish I could just chase Chopper around once more.

"How about we name it Forever?" Ezra suggested

"Yeah, why not," Zeb said wistfully.

"Then it is decided. Forever," Sabine agreed.

"Well, we have almost a full tank of fuel. We have all of our money. Let's go somewhere," I said.

"But where?" Sabine asked.

"Well, we have a whole galaxy ahead of us. Since we are going to be stuck here for who knows how long, how about we help with the war effort? We might be able to save a few people from getting hurt. We could also become fugatives and put our make on the galaxy. Whatever works with me," I suggested.

"Yeah, let's go with the first one," Sabine said.

"Okay, where to?" I asked.

"If I remember right, Mandalore at this time was still a very war torn planet. Let's start there since I was born there," Sabine stated.

"Setting course for Mandalore!"