Chapter 5

Ezra's POV

I walked down the stalls of the old market. I hoped I got rid of Ahsoka, but she was coming up behind me. "Wait... what are you doing?" Ahsoka asked.

"Getting food," I replied.

"Then why did you have to wait for the right time?" She asked.

"It is best to steal when it is the busiest time of day."

"You are going to steal it? Why?"

"That is how you live when you are a street rat."

"Then why?"

"Why what?"

"Why did you refuse the offer to come to the temple? If you have no family."

"I found a new family."

I walking by booths and grabbing food. Ahsoka trailed right behind me. Once I got enough food, I turned to Ahsoka. "Do not follow me."

I jumped to the roof and started to make my way back to my friends. I didn't look back to see if Ahsoka had followed.

When I made it back, I decided not to tell them about meeting Ahsoka. We ate in silence.

It was still afternoon when we finished so we decided to see what Capital City looked like during Republic time.

We walked through the streets, pointing out what was different. There were clones patroling the streets instead of stormtroopers, many more buildings were inhabited, and the people didn't seem as hopeless.

"Things are much different," Zeb said.

"Well this is Republic time. What did you expect?" I asked him.

"Well, I don't know, more war time attitudes, but I guess the war didn't really venture as far as the Outer Rim," Zeb remarked.

"I am just glad we don't have Imperials chasing us every which way," Sabine stated. "I don't think I have ever gone this long without seeing at least one buckethead."

"Well, unless you want to count clones," Zeb mumbled.

"Let's just find a place to stay for the night," I said.

We ventured more into the city. "Do we even have Republic credits?" Sabine asked.

"Those would be very helpful at the moment," I stated. "I guess we could go back to the market and we could try pickpocketing the locals."

"Let's go," Sabine said.

We turned to head to the market when we heard blaster fire coming from the market. We shared a look of concern and ran to the throng of people running away from the commotion.

"We are not going to make it through this way! To the roof!" Zeb yelled over the crowd.

We made it to the roofs and headed back to the market. Finally we got there.

What we saw was not expected. Seperatist droids were shooting at Kenobi, Skywalker, and Tano. Behind the Jedi was the small band of clones fron earlier.

We got down and watched the scene unfold from the roof. The droids outnumbered the Jedi 20-1.

It didn't seem like the Jedi were doing too good. "Should we help?" Zeb asked over the noise of the battle.

"Only if we stay up here and DON'T blow our covers," Sabine said after a few moments of thought.

We all got into position to shoot and started shooting at the Seperatists.

The Jedi and the clones had no idea where the extra help was coming from, but seemed grateful for it.

Skywalker was looking around for the source of this new-found help. He saw us on the roof and looked at us in confusion. I gave him a smirk and continued firing.

The clones were starting to get more droids shot down with the help of three more guns. After another hour of battle, the last droid fell.

"Let's go!" Zeb said and started running from the roof's edge. Sabine and I followed suit.

As we ran, we heard one of the Jedi call out and we stopped. We looked back to see all three Jedi approaching us.

"We wanted to thank you," Kenobi said as they approached.

"Welcome, now we have to go," I said.

"Where exactly?" Skywalker asked.

"To a place that you don't need to know about!" Sabine exclaimed. "This one, with the questions!"

"Do you need a place to stay?" Kenobi asked.

"Already have one, thank you. Goodbye," I said, wanting to leave this conversation.

"Where?" Ahsoka asked.

"That is confidential!" Zeb growled.

"Well how are we supposed to thank you for back there?" Kenobi asked.

"How about leaving us alone?" Sabine suggested. "Come on, Spector 4, Spector 6. We have a rendezvous point to catch!"

"My, you are a stubborn crew," Kenobi stated.

"It is in the job description," stated Zeb.

We then left with the three Jedi seeing us leave.