Chapter 21

Padme's POV

The shots that were fired echoed. But all the shots seemed centered on us. Six and Ahsoka pulled out their lightsabers and started to deflect shots.

Someone pulled me back by my shoulder. Spector 4. "Get back with Spector 5!" He growled.

I quickly bustled out of the council chambers to see Spector 5 waiting for me at the edge of the crowd. "Come on!" She shouted.

We joined the flow of people. Fortunately, we made it outside to the transport and there was no one to meet us out there.

Spector 5 lead me up to the ramp and we entered the transport. She started the ship and set it to autopilot. "Are you okay?" She asked me.

"Yes," I replied.

"Good. I have to take you back to the Jedi Temple. From there we will contact Spector 4 and 6. Hopefully they have caught the people behind this."

"And if they didn't?"

"Hey, show some optimism, would you?"

The pilot consul beeped alerting us we were arriving at our destination. Spector 5 turned her chair to land.

As we were landing, Obi-Wan and Anakin were coming out to meet the ship. Just then I remember they only knew about the bomb.

Spector 5 guided me out of the ship and down the ramp. Anakin immediately steped up next to me. "Senator, are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine, but Spector 4 and 6 are still at senate building," I told him.

"What? Why didn't they come with you?" Obi-Wan asked.

"Well, we ran into a little trouble," Spector 5 continued to explain what happened.

"You have to go get them!" I exclaimed after Specter 5 had finished.

"Can we communicate with them in any way?" Anakin asked.

Spector 5 typed a few things on a wrist pad. "Spector 5 to Spector 6, come in."

"A bit busy, Spector 5!" Six replied. There was banging on Spector 6' s side.

"If I may ask, what are you doing?" Obi-Wan questioned.

"If you must know, I am chasing the shooter through the air vents, wait, now I am out of the vents running through the halls," Spector 6 explained.

"Where is Spector 4?" Spector 5 asked.

"Following a plan made up a few seconds ago," Spector 6 said.

"Is this plan failing?" I asked.

"Just wait."

After a few moments, a loud roar could be heard on the other side of the comm.

"No, the plan is not failing," Six informed us.

We all listened as the two Spectors fought with the sniper. We finally heard a triumphant grunt from Spector 4. "We got 'im," he said.

"Hey, I was the one who shot him!" Six exclaimed.

"Whatever! Just get to the temple with him!" Spector 5 said.

"We're going!" replied Spector 4.

"Hurry!"Spector 5 said.

Zeb's POV

Ezra and I walked up the ramp of a transport. Following us was five security guards surronding the sniper we had caught.

Ahsoka met us in the transport. She had left while Zeb and I chased the guy to get this ship. "I see you caught him," Ahsoka observed.

"Yep," I said.

"Good. Any orders from the temple?" She asked.

"Just supposed to meet them outside the temple," Ezra told her.

"Okay, then, let's go." Ahsoka left to steer the ship and Ezra and I stayed with the guards and prisoners.

We made it to the temple a few short moments later. The ramp was lowered and Ahsoka met us in the loading bay. Together, we all walked down with the prisoner following us.