Chapter 24

Ahsoka's POV

I was starting to understand the Spectors a little more after my talk with Spector 6. I told him I would not tell Anakin about the holocron, and I expected to keep that promise.

I continued working on the ship with Screwy. By the time the ship exited hyperspace, all of the major repairs were fixed.

Screwy lead us to the cockpit. Everyone else was already in there as Six said we were exiting hyperspace.

I saw Naboo immediately. Not like there was anything else to see in this vast galaxy of stars.

I saw Six pressing buttons on his control panel. "We might have a slight problem," he said nervously.

"What is it, Spector 6?" Anakin demanded.

"There was another ship behind us in hyperspace. They should be exiting... now!" He said as a Seperatist star destroyer entered the system.

"Those are Seperatists!" Padme screeched.

"Incoming fire! Man the guns! Screwy, we need more power to the shields!" Six started yelling.

The Spectors ran off to do there jobs. "Check in," Six ordered.

"Nose gun, check."

"Check on top gun!"

"Screwy, how are the sheilds looking?" Six asked.

"Beep!"

"You said you wanted action, you got it. Fix those shields! Anakin," Six turned rapidly in his chair. "Take Ahsoka and Padme and take the Freedom to the planet's surface. We will meet you there when you can."

"What? We are not leaving you, Six!" I yelled.

"No. Take the senator and go. If we get killed, we are expendable. You are not. Go!" He turned back in his seat and started flying so they could defend themselves from enemies.

"Ahsoka, come on!" Anakin said despite my protests.

I gave Six one more regretful glance before running out of the cockpit.

Ezra's POV

I knew Zeb, Sabine, and I might not make it, but I didn't want to see these people die. They had families. Our families didn't even know us in this time period.

I cleared the Freedom for launch and continued firing at the Seperatists. It was clear now they were the ones behind the assassination attempts. "Are they gone?" Sabine yelled through the comm.

"Yeah!" I replied.

We continued to fire. I kept giving orders to Screwy to fix this and that. A few minutes into the battle, we got a damaging hit. "Shields down!" I shouted.

"Screwy!" All three of us yelled at the same time.

Screwy replied to us with his own choice of words.

"We need to get out of here!" Zeb roared.

"Working on it!" I said hastily.

I tried to steer the ship against the star destroyer. Rebellion flew over the ship, taking multiple damage. Finally, I managed to get the ship past. Our engines were running out of power.

The ship entered the planet's atmosphere. "Prepare for a crash landing!" I yelled.

"Ezra!" Sabine and Zeb shouted, panic filling their voices.

"Screwy! Are you almost done with the engines?" I asked.

"Beep!"

"What? Forget about the shields! We are about to crash on the planet's surface!"

"Beep!"

"Sabine!! Get in here now!"

"Coming!" Came the reply.

I got a beep from my control console signaling a transmission. I answered as Sabine entered the cockpit.

"What?" I asked, highly annoyed at our situation. "Spector 5! Only a few seconds!"

I never heard who was on the other side of the transmission. I never heard Sabine answer.

As we neared the surface, I pulled the ship up and heaed for the closest water in sight, a small lake. When the ship crashed a few seconds later, my head was whipped back and I was knocked from the seat.

Before I blacked out, I saw Sabine fall and hit her head also.