Chapter 25

Zeb's POV

I managed to stay awake when we crashed. I was in the hall to the cockpit when we hit.

I managed to get up and open the door to the cockpit. Ezra and Sabine were on the floor, unconscious. Screwy was on his side father away from Ezra and Sabine.

I groaned and clutched my head. I heard so muffled shouts. They were coming from. . . below me. I lifted mt foot to see Ezra's comm. I could now here it was Anakin on the over side.

"This is Spector 4," I groaned.

"What happened?"

"Well, there seemed to have benn a slight malfunction with the engine-"

"Slight! We could see the crash from here! The damage was not slight!"

"Would you stop yelling?"

"We are coming to get you!"

"We can handle ourselves. You can worry about the senator. We only have a few scratches."

"We are not leaving you behind!"

"Karrabast! I heard what the kid said to you before you left! Just remember what he said!"

"You will die without our help!"

"Then at least it will be without your annoying voice in my head!"

"I am sending Ahsoka to you. We still have part of your ship."

"Uh, fine, but we do not need help!"

"Okay!"

I knelt down to check Ezra and Sabine. They weren't doing so well. Maybe they did need help.

I sat there watching them like a hawk until Ahsoka arrived. "What happened?" She gasped.

"We crashed."

"And you said you don't need help?!"

"I might have been a little hasty in my decision. Let's just get then to a hospital!"

"Load them into the Freedom."

We bothed carried one of them out of the cockpit of a ship that will probably never fly again. In the Freedom, Ahsoka and I examined them more closely. Nothing seemed to be broken or fractured, but we were not medical experts.

The ship landed outside of a giant palace, where doctors took Ezra and Sabine as soon as we opened the door to the ship. Anakin was standing at the entrance to the palace.

"Thank you," he said as soon as I was in hearing range.

"For what?" I asked in confusion.

"For saving us today. It. . . It was brave what you did. All of you. We might have died on that ship if it were not for Spector 6's decision. Or you defending our ship."

"Well, my crew might just die, and they are my family. They are all I have left," I walked into the building, not looking to see if the Jedi followed me.

One of the doctors that took Sabine and Zeb from the ship came rushing down the hall to me. "Come with me to the medical ward of the palace. Your friends are there."

I walked with the man to a big white room with many vacant beds. I saw my crew on the far side of the room, laying on two beds. "Are they alright?" I asked.

"We can't be sure at the moment. Is there any medical history about them we should be informed of?" He asked.

"Spector 5 hasn't had a serious sickness. I do not know about Spector 6."

The doctor nodded and headed off.

I saw that Ezra and Sabine wore breathing masks, and I could not take it. I went back outside of the palace.