Chapter 26

Ahsoka's POV

It seemed that the worst case scenario always happened. Whether you crash landed a ship, like the Spectors. Or became that target of an assassination attempt, like Padme.

These last few weeks have been filled with so much devastation, I didn't know if I coukd take it anymore.

A day had passed since we arrived. Spector 4 stayed by the medical ward every minute of the day. Except for when he realized he forgot Screwy and had to go back to get him. He was not a happy droid.

I was currently meditating in my room provided by Padme. I was hoping I could find someway to help the Spectors. As I was focusing, I heard my door open.

I opened my eyes to see Anakin standing there. "Jedi Coucil," he said, holding up a transmitter.

I got up and stood by him as he accepted the transmission. "Masters, we have made it safely to Naboo," Anakin said.

"Any troubles?" Windu asked.

"That's the problem," I said.

"How so?" Yoda asked.

"Exiting hyperspace, we were attacked by Seperatists. Ahsoka, Padme, and I managed to take a smaller ship to the planet while the Spectors fought. They ended up crash landing on the surface and Spector 5 and 6 are unconscious in the medbay," Anakin reported.

"Troubling, this is," Yod remarked.

"Our friends have shown great valor in these troubling times. Hopefully none of them die fighting our fight,"Obi-Wan said.

"Even if they do wake up, they have no ship," I said.

"Give them a new ship, we will. Small price to pay, this is, for saving the senator," Yoda decided.

"Yes, master, but I must ask something," Anakin said.

"Go ahead, Anakin," Plo Koon said.

What was Anakin asking? He hadn't discussed anything with me.

"If the Spectors wake up, why not offer for Spector 6 to come to the order?" He asked.

"Too old, he is," Yoda stated firmly.

"Besides, I do not think the boy would want to leave his crew," Obi-Wan pointed out.

"Yes, Master," Anakin said with disbelief clearly showing in his eyes.

I did not know Anakin was even thinking of asking that question. True, I thought of the question myself, but I never thought of actually asking.

"We will wait until the Spectors wake up, and then we will plan further. We are still trying to get information out of our prisoner, but this recent attack puts the Seperatists at the top of our list," Windu said.

"Understood, master," the transmission ended.

"Anakin, why did you ask that question?" I exploded on my master.

"Ahsoka, I was just seeing if I should ask Spector 6 to join the order," Anakin explained.

I rolled my eyes as he left my quarters. Did he think I was that stupid?

Zeb's POV

It has been three days since the crash.

Ahsoka had told me that the Jedi Order would pay for a new ship. Ezra would be excited since he would be the pilot.

I was in the med bay right now, watching Ezra and Sabine. Neither had awoken. Their conditions were stable.

Senator Amidala and the Jedi had come a few times to check on them. They all seemed truely sorry that this happened, but it wasn't their family in a hospital.

As I looked to my sick crew, I heard someone come up behind me. "How are they?" The voice of Ahsoka asked.

"They're not dead," I huffed.

Ahsoka seemed to sense I wanted to be alone. She left, leaving me to wonder whether they would survive.