Partners

I'm feeling quite nice today, and I wanted to celebrate 200 wonderful people reading this - here is another chapter for you. Oliver's POV. It's quite short, but I make up for it in the next one😜 ENJOYYY😘💖💖💖 -Emily.

"He's so tall, and handsome as hell, he's so bad but he does it so well, I can see the end as it begins..."

Oliver sat in his new apartment, taking in his unfamiliar surroundings.

It was surprisingly large, with neutral toned furniture decorating the place. Oliver walked over to the adjoining room which was the master bedroom, a plush king sized bed with a grey quilted headboard. It painfully reminded him of his life before, when he spent many nights in rooms like this, hotel style rooms.

Oliver knew if Amanda had had it any other way he would be in a squat living next to a bunch of druggies, but he had to keep up the rich appearance for Felicity's sake, so he had her to thank for the sweet bachelor pad.

Felicity was not what he expected. He was expecting a sexy brunette with long tanned legs, instead he got a pretty geeky blonde with glasses and pale skin.
He felt very uncomfortable at the idea of seducing her, but from her file it wouldn't be her first time. Being fooled or being seduced.

Oliver hadn't been told who her father was, only that he was a high profile target who they had been looking for for quite some time now. He knew he had contacts all across the world. His operation had grown dramatically since his wife's untimely death so Amanda had told him, and Felicity had been left without a father or a mother growing up.

Oliver had no desire to hurt this girl, especially after his recent history with girls had just ended so badly. He wasn't about to screw someone else up. But here he was. Working for an organisation that could kill his family without a single hesitation. So he would do it. No matter how badly his conscience might hurt.

"Mr Queen. Felicity attends the market in the town every Wednesday, so you are to go to the market tomorrow and meet her, strike up a conversation and ask her for a date. Do you understand?"

"Yes Amanda." Oliver replied angrily. Amanda sighed. "If you call me that again, I swear I will find a way to make your life miserable Oliver Queen. Sweet dreams. Oh, we are issuing you your partner who will act as your 'bodyguard and driver. You will meet him tomorrow." Amanda added.

"I told you about him. He's just an extra man in case this goes south."
Oliver sighed impatiently.

"Fine. Whatever. When am I meeting him?"

"He will meet you at your apartment tonight."

"Fine." Oliver replied, leaving Amanda standing in the empty warehouse she had summoned him to.

---------------

Oliver tossed and turned that night, dreaming of Sara dying and Shado dying and Slade dying and everyone else in his life dying, Yeo Fai before he even saw his wife again. He was messed up inside, and he wasn't sure he could charm the panties off Felicity Smoak at all. He wasn't up to the challenge, so unless she liked mentally unstable men who could flatten you in your sleep, she wasn't going to stick around when he failed at seducing her. He had seen her interest in him, he hadn't needed a web search to prove that, although her searches had made him laugh for the first time in a while. She could easily be the one to help bring him into the light, if it was a different situation, and he wasn't taking advantage of her as he was instructed to do. But he was, this was it.

"Roy?" Oliver asked the man at his door. The man nodded, holding up his hand to Oliver's. The two guys shook, and Roy stepped in, glancing around the apartment. "Where should I put my stuff?" He asked, indicating the rucksack on his back. Oliver blinked. "You're not staying here, are you?" Roy nodded, smirking slightly.
"Didn't Amanda tell you?" Oliver shook his head angrily, and Roy snorted. "Sounds like Amanda. I'm stationed her till... the end of your mission, I guess." Oliver nodded curtly.

"Your room is on the left. Be ready in an hour to leave." He said, frowning at the small guy as he went.