Starling Welcomes You

"There's nothing like us, there's nothing like you and me
Together through the storm
There's nothing like us, there's nothing like you and me
Together"

Wow. What a ride. Oliver and Felicity have certainly had their ups and downs (man I'm a sucker for a bit of angst) but now we are here. The final chapter. I can't thank you guys enough for reading this monster of a fic. Thanks so much. I LOVE YOU ALL AND OMG IM GETTING A LIL SAD. But seriously, thank you, thank you, thank you for reading and I hope you have enjoyed this hell of a ride. Lots of love, Emily💖💖✨✨

The plane was standing proudly on the airfield, everyone making their way on board the plane. Thea stood behind, tugging Roy with her, who looked at her curiously. "Roy, thank you."
"For what?" Roy asked Thea, his eyebrows raised. She smiled, resting her head on his shoulders. "I'm so glad I met you. And thank you for looking after my brother." Roy grinned back at her, a dopey grin on his face. "Come on. Let's get back to Starling." He said, glancing back and smiling at Oliver who was grinning at Felicity like an idiot.

1 month later

"Oliver, I'm nervous." Felicity fretted, smoothing her silk blue dress down her legs, making Oliver lick his lips slowly. He smiled at her, looking rather smart in a black suit and skinny tie. "You'll be fine. My mom will love you. I promise." Felicity let out a deep breath before Oliver took her hand, leading her up to the front door. He knocked twice, and Moira opened the door, a curious glance at Felicity and a happy smile.
"Mom, this is Felicity Smoak. My girlfriend. Felicity, this is my mother."

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Mrs Steele. Or is it Queen? Or Steele-Queen? Queen-Steele? Oh please stop me." Moria laughed, a pleasant sound Oliver hadn't heard in a while. She waved her hand in the air in the 'poo hoo' gesture. "Please. Call me Moria, Felicity. I'm so happy to finally meet you. I know citizenship and your move was quite stressful, but I am so glad we can have this dinner. Where is Thea's boyfriend?" Moria asked. Roy came to the door behind right on time, smiling at Felicity and Oliver. "Hello, Mrs Queen. Sorry I'm late. Oliver. Felicity. It's a pleasure." Moria smiled at Roy's entrance. "Roy! So good to see you. Come on, let's all go in." Felicity smiled happily at Oliver, and took his hand as he led her into his life, guiding her to an unfamiliar family setting that she was looking forward to discovering more about.

As long as she was with Oliver, everything would be fine.

----------------

"Laurel, the ring is absolutely stunning." Felicity commented as Laurel waved her new engagement ring at Felicity, Tommy gripping her other hand in pride. Sara smiled at Felicity, who was stood next to Nyssa, who looked totally at ease with her new life in Starling. "Thank you, Fel. How's things with your Mr?" Laurel asked, smiling at her friend.
Felicity smiled. "He's fine. Our apartment is free this weekend and we want you guys to all come over for dinner." Everyone exploded into conversations in excitement, friendly girly chatter that was still new to all of them, and no less exciting.

Laurel had her sister, her ex boyfriend back and a new friend.

Felicity had a beautiful boyfriend that had finally decided to, with her encouragement and help, to take down the rest of H.I.V.E that was still lurking in the shadows.

It did mean less free nights, and wearing a lot more green than strictly necessary, but soon enough they would build up a team, with quite a few ex A.R.G.U.S agents on board, including her mother Donna, who had finally realised what family was all about and joined the team, along with a professional assassin - Nyssa. And they would fight whatever big bad H.I.V.E threw at them.

"What are you going to call yourself?" Felicity asked one day, lying on top of him one perfect afternoon. Oliver paused in thought. "I don't know." He mused, circling her shoulder lazily. Felicity thought for a moment.
"How about 'The Green Arrow?'" Felicity asked, looking up at Oliver, who blinked, lost in thought.
"I like it. I love it." Felicity beamed, leaning in for a kiss. Oliver wrapped his arms around her. "How did I get so lucky?" He asked, kissing her neck, making her moan softly.
"Well. You were marooned on an island and then ended up working for A.R.G.U.S where you had to then seduce me. And you fell in love with me on the way." Oliver grinned, not mentioning the fact it was a rhetorical question. He knew how he got so lucky.

And he knew it wouldn't be long before he got the ring his mother had helped him to choose out of the shoebox hidden underneath the bed to give to her.