Playing With Fire

I feel like I haven't published a chapter in ages. I am not going to survive 4x09 of arrow before the hiatus, hopefully this will keep you and I occupied. I'm quite focused on my Ao3 stuff at the moment, feel free to check it out if you like this. Lots of love. Emily💖💖

"All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep them on a leash."

"Hey Jonas." Felicity said, opening the door wide to him, watching his intense blue eyes drink her in.
"Hey." He replied easily, leaning down to kiss her gently on the cheek. She beckoned him to follow him into the conservatory, the sunniest room in the afternoon. "You really do have a beautiful home." Oliver said, following her lead and perching himself on a beautiful tibetan chaise. "Thanks. I've furnished it well over the years." She popped her sunglasses on and opened the wide conservatory doors, letting in the cool summer breeze.
She sat down next to him, her long legs curled towards him decked in lacy white shorts and heels and a cute purple shirt. "I saw your friend leaving earlier. Where is she off to?" Oliver asked, curious to what excuse Sara had used on her. "She's going back to her family. She wanted my blessing." Oliver nodded, trying to act nonchalant.

"What do you want to do?" Felicity asked, looking up at him, a smile tugging at her lips. He looked at her. "I want to stay here. With you." Felicity smiled at him. She could see a deep sadness in his eyes, and she wished she could erase it from his face. She sat closer to him so she was practically sitting on top of him, she could feel his warm body against hers, and he gently pulled her closer so she was lying on top of him. He smiled devilishly and Felicity grinned.
He gently pressed his soft lips on her forehead and she sighed against him. "My father is in Singapore at the moment." She felt his body freeze underneath hers, absorbing the information. "You don't talk about your father much." He stated, a drip of suspicion filling his tone. Felicity shrugged. "He's a... Difficult man. He hasn't lived in this house since before my mother died. He works a lot, he travels a lot. He wants to keep me safe mostly, but he can't keep me chained in my house, although I'm pretty sure he'd like to." Oliver chuckled, but it was clearly faked, it was laced with a hard tense sound. "Is this safe?" He asked curiously in a teasing tone. Felicity snuggled towards him, encouraging him. "Of course. I feel very safe with you." She said truthfully. She knew he wouldn't hurt her, despite his misleading actions.
"Good." He replied, shifting slightly under her. She sighed disappointedly. "Do you need to go?" She asked.

He shook his head. "No. I want to stay here with you." He repeated his words from earlier, but now she felt good. He had the information he needed but he was choosing to stay with her. Or at least that's what she was convincing herself.

-----------------

"Singapore. We've scanned every province, every area. Nothing. So either Felicity was lying or she's on to us." Amanda said angrily, her hands clenched together.

"Or her father is lying to her." Lyla suggested to her superior. Amanda nodded slowly. "Possibly. He would know to protect her, particularly after the rogue Cooper incident. I knew I should have fired him before he went crazy and tried to kill her. There is also the possibility that he is hidden extremely well. It wouldn't be the first time."

Lyla nodded solemnly. "Oliver has done well to extract this from the girl. I don't think her suspicions are raised." Lyla added.

Amanda nodded. "I'm still keeping an eye on his family. You can never be too sure with all of these billionaire playboys we take on."

Lyla cracked a smile. "What about Roy? Are we using him?" Amanda shook her head.
"He's just an extra man in the field. You've done quite well with him, Lyla. Turned him into quite the soldier, despite his criminal background."

"Oh, Criminals make the best recruits." Lyla replied, smiling.

-------------------

Felicity must have once again fallen asleep in Oliver's warm and secure arms because the next thing she knew she woke to the buzzing of her phone. She looked at it groggily.

Sara.

She sighed, scooting herself out of Oliver's arms and into the garden before answering it. "Have you ever heard of time differences my friend?" She muttered, her voice laced with sleep.

Sara laughed. "Sorry. Ive just arrived in Starling. It's so weird to be back home. I guess I should see my family before I go to the... Queen Manor."

"You should. Don't forget why I let you leave, Sara. I miss you a lot."

"Me too. Laurel is going to freak! Possibly kill me considering Oliver was dating her when the boat went down. Awkward."

"Wait, go back to Laurel there? He was cheating on his girlfriend with his girlfriends sister?"

"Pretty much. It's a very complicated and delicate situation. The truth is Felicity, his time on the island and since then has changed him dramatically. He is actually a decent person now. It's shocking. He's endured a lot of terrible things, but has come out better for it. Or as good as can be working for an organisation that's threatening his family. But he's in a better place than he was on the island."

"Shado and Yao Fai..." Felicity heard Sara sigh sadly at those names.
"Yao Fai was shot because of Amanda's desire to kill... A high profile target on an airliner and she needed a scapegoat. I wasn't there. But Shado... A man named Ivo forced Oliver to choose between me or Shado. He was holding the gun at my head so Oliver dived towards me, but Shado was then shot. He saved me at the cost of her life." Sara sobbed. Felicity felt tears escape her eyes. "Sara. There was nothing any of you could do. I'm so sorry. I really loved Shado, although I never met her father."

"I'm sorry Felicity. For getting weepy over the phone."

"Sara, stop. Your my best friend."

"Good. That will never change, no matter how far away I am."

"I'll see you." Felicity replied, her voice thick. "Bye Felicity." She replied, hanging up. Felicity was left staring at her phone, anger for A.R.G.U.S building in her chest.