Searching

Sorry I haven't updated in a whole, I have been in New York! Which was amazing. So Enjoy! - Emily💞

"And you call me up again just to break me like a promise
So casually cruel in the name of being honest"

Felicity sat at her new sleek glass panelled desk, easily hacking into her the huge H.I.V.E network system to try and find the location of the two devices. She didn't have to dig very far to find the first location, she found it quite easily by following the heat signature left by the device. The first one was at Hong Kong. To be exact, right in her mother's "grave". Felicity shook her head, annoyed at her father's sentimental attitude, especially when she knew that he didn't care about his mother. He only cares about one thing, and that was her. And even that wasn't quite love. It was some concept that he thought resembled love, he loved her in his own twisted way.

The second device location was much harder to locate than the first. A place her father wanted to destroy.

It didn't take her much longer to find the location of the second device.

----------------------------------

Felicity paced the long room, her once vibrant pink nails bitten to the ends as she chewed and paced back and forth across the room in anger and frustration. "Felicity!" Sara shouted at her for the third time, making her stop and look up. "What?" Felicity asked, staring wildly at Sara. Sara looked at her friend, concern plain on her face. "What the hell has got you twisted up like this? What did you find?" She asked Felicity, her blonde hair swooped around her small shoulders, making her look like the young girl they had found what felt like a lifetime ago. Felicity held back the urge to give her friend a hug to protect her, even though Felicity was the one who really needed protecting. "One machine is in Hong Kong." Sara nodded, her face set in determination.
"That I expected from your father. What else? It can't just be that that's got you upset like this."

"It's the other one I'm worried about." Felicity said carefully. Sara raised her eyebrows. "Yeah? Where is it?"

"Here. I don't understand. It's here in Starling City!" Sara froze, the implications of Felicity's words sinking in. Donna stepped into the room at that moment, clearly having been eavesdropping on their conversation. "Felicity. Has your father never told you where you were born?" She interrupted, her blonde hair strung up behind her, revealing a younger, more scared and vulnerable face, a side Felicity hadn't seen of her mother.
Felicity shook her head desperately. Donna shook her head in anger.
"Starling is your home. You were born here." Felicity paused, letting Donna's words sink in. "I don't understand!" She said slowly. "Why would my father plant machines in the two places I've ever been? My home and my birthplace? What the hell? It's like he wants me dead!" Donna laughed humourlessly. "Of course he doesn't. You're the only thing he actually cares about. He even tried to kill me to protect you. And himself obviously. He's planted the machines there because A.R.G.U.S's two top headquarters are here and Hong Kong. By eliminating them, A.R.G.U.S falls and H.I.V.E can take virtually over the world. It makes sense." Donna finished, her voice quivering slightly. Felicity shook her head angrily. "By killing thousands of people. Millions even. We have to stop him."
Amanda came in, another eavesdropper. "That's where you come in, Miss Smoak. The teams are ready. Are you?" Felicity nodded.
"We just need a time frame. And there's only one way I can get that. I need to make a phone call." Felicity said, her voice shaking. She knew exactly what she had to do, but she didn't like it.