Worlds Apart

"And we can deny it as much as we want
But in time our feelings will show
Cause sooner or later
We'll wonder why we gave up
The truth is, everyone knows

How almost, almost is never enough
So close to being in love
If I would have known that you wanted me
The way I wanted you
Then maybe we wouldn't be two worlds apart
But right here in each others arms"

"I missed you so much, Ollie." Thea cried in his arms, holding him as if she couldn't believe he was here. He smiled, scratching her head in that cute way. "I missed you too Speedy. Both of you. I'm sorry dad couldn't be here with us too." Moria smiled sadly, holding both of her children's hands tightly. "One miracle is just enough. Come. We were about to have dinner."

Oliver sat at the table, chatting amongst his family, telling them that he had briefly been stranded on an island before a private organisation scooped him up and trained him to be an agent before discharging him. They believed it, and no more questions wee asked. Nothing about the dullness in his usually fierce blue eyes, about the ache in his chest that he felt was pounding loudly for everyone to hear.

All because of Felicity.

----------------------

"You lucky son of a bitch." Tommy said, his face lit up in a huge grin. Oliver smiled back at his friend, his heartache forgotten for the moment. "Tommy. Am I glad to see you." Tommy licked his lips, smiling.
"Your mom told me the situation. But Laurel came to me the other day talking about some blonde chick that lit up when she said your name. She knew then that Sara and her had been hiding the fact you were alive. Who was she?" Oliver shrugged his shoulders, his face not giving anything away. Tommy ran his hands through his dark her, lounging back on Oliver's bed. "Come on. A name. An explanation. Anything." Oliver sighed in an overly dramatic fashion, rolling off his bed to look out of the window, first light hitting his face. "Felicity." He murmured, caressing her name on his lips. "Man. Did you love her?" Oliver stared out of the window, his heart flurrying. "I do. But I never told her. Now she's gone back to China and I'll probably never see her again." Tommy hesitated before speaking, getting up to look at Oliver. "What about Laurel?" He asked nervously, twiddling his thumbs. "No. I cheated on her so many times. I didn't love her Tommy. I tried. I thought I loved her. But I was young. I'm a different man now."

"Oh. We both thought you were dead you know. It's only recently... I've asked her to marry me." Oliver looked at his friend, shock colouring his face.
"Wow. That's a big step. You ready for that level of commitment?" Tommy's jaw tightened slightly.
"I guess we've both changed. But seriously. You need to go to this Felicity. Tell her how you feel. She'll melt in a puddle at the gesture of you flying halfway across the world for her. I can guarantee." Oliver smiled a little.

"Maybe. I'll see if I can leave tomorrow."

"You bet your ass you will. Love doesn't come round every corner, Oliver. You've got to grab it with both hands."

--------------------

Oliver sat at the dining table, looking interestedly at Roy who was staring intently at his sister. His sister was also returning his gaze covertly, looking at him under her finely made up lids. "I have an announcement. I'm going to China tomorrow for a couple of days." Moria and Thea stared at Oliver, their faces full of shock. "What? Don't be ridiculous. You just got back!" Moria exclaimed. Oliver shook his head.
"I have to do this mom. It's for a girl. I need to make sure... she knows how I feel. She was here in Starling, but she left straight after... And I need to go. And I promise I'll be back within the week. Okay?" Moria nodded, Thea just glared at him, in full sulky teenager mode. "I'll come with you too, Oliver. If you don't mind." Roy said eagerly. Oliver nodded, pleased.
"I want to come. I've never been to China." Thea said, uncrossing her arms. Oliver looked at her angrily.
"No Thea. Your not."

"Please?" Thea pleaded, her eyes wide. Oliver rolled his eyes, but nodded. "Fine. But make sure you don't get in the way." Thea nodded, feeling very satisfied. Moria just looked at her son with a burning curiosity. "A girl. Your going to China for a girl?" She asked skeptically.
"She's not just some girl, mom. She's the girl I love. I need her to know that." Moria nodded, tears falling down her face. "You've changed Oliver. But I'm so glad to know it's for the better." She said proudly.

The Art Of Seduction - Olicity FanfictionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara